Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 07:35 AM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROK View Post
Where is Duhon's?
Duhon's Mud Hole is closed right now to get rid of grass. I can't comment on it, though since I have never been there and don't have any plans to take my Jeep there. Our club is going to have our annual Halloween ride this month and we will also be having a yearly ride coming up in January where we go to Gilmer, Tx. (Barnwell Mountain), but it is open for anyone to join us.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 AM  

Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
Duhon's Mud Hole is closed right now to get rid of grass. I can't comment on it, though since I have never been there and don't have any plans to take my Jeep there. Our club is going to have our annual Halloween ride this month and we will also be having a yearly ride coming up in January where we go to Gilmer, Tx. (Barnwell Mountain), but it is open for anyone to join us.

Where and when will the ride be this month? Also what club are you associated with?

Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 AM  

Opelousas, LA
Seems like a few of those big trucks with tractor tires could fix that grass problem pretty quick. lol
Old 10-11-2010, 03:34 PM  

Ville Platte, Louisiana
Used to be some pretty decent wheeling at Turkey Creek up until about 10 years ago, there's an old abandoned gravel pit there, lots of sand, a little mud if you like that. Unfortunately, the landowner locked it up after several people hurt themselves while drinking and four-wheeling, then tried to sue.

It used to be a really nice place to camp, wheel, and shoot, but if you don't do it responsibly, this is what happens.

LC

ETA: Turkey Creek is in the northern part of Evangeline Parish, not too far from the Rapides Parish line off US 165.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM  

Bossier City, LA
Sicily Island (Catahoula Recreation) is the spot to hit. The Bayou Jeepers Offroad go there about once a year.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 PM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
There is going to be a group going to Sicily Island this weekend, if anyone wants to join them. We will also be having our annual Halloween Night Ride at Easley on October 30th. Details are on the La. Offroaders forum.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:26 AM  

Crowville, Louisiana
Catahoula Recreation is a great place to wheel. I havent been in a few years but I had a good time. I was wheeling a f150. The trails were more suited for Jeeps.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 PM  

arnaudville, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post

There is a place in between arnaudville and carencro that opened up. dont remember the name, but it is on arnaudville road (lafayette parish) bayou fuselier ( st martin parish ). it is the same road, just a different name in each parish.

off of LA HWY 93 (runs from grand coteau to arnaudville) go south on bayou fuselier road.

From carencro, the road that has that meat market just north of carencro, take that to arnaudville road and go north.

I do believe this is just mud, but never have been there.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:07 AM  

New Iberia, Louisiana
Duhon's Mud Hole is south of Abbeville, LA.

Look up Duhon's Gun Shop as it's right by the gun shop. Back when I had my CJ-7 I used to run the mud drags over there. Got a few trophies from there too. It's changed alot and I haven't been in quite a few years. They used to be open every weekend, but now they are only certain times during the month.

Not many places in LA if your looking for rocks, much less a trails for a full size vehicle. There's the Superlift ORV park, but it's in AR. South of Baton Rouge has the spillway, but its not for vehicles that I know of.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:38 AM  

Holden, La
Here you go.
Home

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.