Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Louisville
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2011, 05:30 PM  

hardinsburg, IN
Any Jeepers in the ville?

I work in louisville every day. Wondering how many jeepers there are and where you go jeepin?

Steve

Old 01-27-2011, 03:57 PM  

Louisville, KY
oh yeah, plenty of jeepers. just go hang out at the Moab shop on poplar level rd and you'll meet all kinds of jeepers and see some awesome jeeps there too. i see lifted jeeps all the time, own a lifted XJ myself. as for places, personally i've only gone to a friends farm in irvington. but there's a offroad park called dirty turtle offroad not far from here, maybe 45mins, its in bedford (Dirty Turtle Offroad - Bedford, Kentucky). moab was going to some place in e-town like once a month. probably still do, and other parks aswell. and someone else told me theres a group called K&I (kentucky and indiana) offroad that goes somewhere in indiana, but i havent tried to look them up yet. thats all i know.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
I have only been to Turkey Bay at land between the lakes, but as dvmeter mentioned there are closer places to go. The place in indiana is called Interlake, and I think its run by the Indiana DNR. Last I heard it was still free, and its about and hour and a half or so west on 64.

I don't do much myself.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 AM  

Louisville, Ky
Hi All my hubby and I are new to KY (Louisville) from So Calif. and are looking for other Jeepers. We'd love to join any off road groups that are going out. I'm sure the off roading here in KY/IN is much different that the stuff we're used in to Ca so we will need to learn...but that's the fun!
Richard & Melissa
RMBeckwith87@yahoo.com
Old 01-29-2011, 08:53 AM  

Louisville, KY
nice JK. what brought you all to here, from SoCal?

Moab Offroad - Specializing in 4x4 for over 10 years! is Moab's website and forum. Biggest shop and group that I know of around here. The do some amazing stuff and travel pretty far sometimes. Just check them out or go by the shop, Great bunch of people.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:37 AM  

K&I Four Wheelers

Yes there is a club in Louisville they will be meeting tonight at Roosters on Preston Highway, 7:00 in the back room. They meet on the first Tuesday of the month there. The club is made up of mostly Jeep owners but is open to anyone. Yes the wheeling is different here, Mud and trees and narrow trails but it is all good. The club will never leave you behind no matter what. Welcome to the Ville!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:09 PM  

Looking for Jeep mechanic

Anyone know a good Jeep mechanic. Have a 96 ZJ. Recently developed multiple problems. Mechanic I have been going to is not really up on all the Jeep quirks. Thanks for any recommendations.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:17 PM  

Louisville, Ky
Thanks for the welcome to KY! Our daughter moved here last year and just had a baby so we really wanted to be near our grandson....still trying to get used to KY.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 AM  

I have a 2000 XJ with a 3" lift. I usually just wheel on the farm.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 AM  

jeffersonville, indiana
Like this thread. May need to bring my XJ or Grand to a meeting to join in the fun.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Louisville
Bookmark this Page!