Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Louisville
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 01:50 AM  

Georgia
Louisville for Women

We're thinking about a move to Louisville. But, I wonder if the midwest will be a little isolating for my wife. What can you recommend for women to do in Louisville?

Do you have any upscale malls?
Can you recommend any great bargain outlet places?
Any excellent hairdressers?
Any cool places to shop for antiques?
Got any fun thriftstores?
Any great restaurants for a nice date night?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
WOW. umm ya we have all that here.

I'm sure we have everything Tallahassee has.
Z salon
Mortons steakhouse
Outlet malls 30 min up the road.
Louisville is the 15 largest city in the US.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:14 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville : GoToLouisville.com Official Travel Source

Maybe this link will help you find more info about Louisville.
I can tell ya I have lived in Alaska California Virginia Wisconsin Arizona. And his place has been the best place I have ever lived. The city is large. But not so large say like an Atlanta or Dallas there it takes all day to get from place to place.
When I first moved here finding what part of town I wanted to live in was hard.
I picked an area called the highlands. It's one of the oldest parts of the city. My house was built in 1929. It's a three story brick 4,824 sq feet. And no ones house on the blocks the same. Plus it's right in the heart of the city. I can be anywhere in about 30 min.
You should vist I'm sure you would be shocked.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 AM  

Louisville, KY
I would not consider Louisville the midwest. Too much Southern hospitality. There are plenty of malls, Oxmoor and St. Matthews are probably the best in town, there are outlets about 80 miles north (Columbus/Edinburgh, IN) is very large, and has great deals. Not sure about the heirdressers, but as Hampel put it, Z Salon is good. There are all kinds of shops along Frankfort Ave and in the Highlands (Bardstown Rd) areas that are great for Antiques. As well as Joe Ley Antiwues downtown. Louisville has some of the best restaurants, Frankfort Ave is home to many, non-chain restaurants. Welcome to the ville!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:22 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville has been voted one of the "Best Places to Live" in several polls over the past few years. While it is not the East or West coast, and probably considered a "fly over state" by those folks, it has so much to offer with a great standard of living for the money. I have a friend in Washington, DC who visits and loves to go out to dinner here because the restaurants rival anything in DC and at HALF the cost. Plus he says steaks here are far better since we're closer to the grainbelt. We just built a huge new indoor arena (Yum Center) which will attract more big name bands and events. Plus, you're centrally located so you can get to Florida in 11hrs, Chicago in 5, Nashville, Cinncinnatti, Memphis, Indianapolis all in 2 1/2 hrs or less.

And no one has mentioned The Kentucky Derby!! There's an entire week of partying, events, parades, drinking and we attract about 1 million visitors during that week to the city.

The ONLY complaint I could make would be that the winters here are pretty gray and wet (but we don't suffer the winter storms, USUALLY, that the East Coast endures every year). WELCOME TO THE VILLE!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Louisville
Bookmark this Page!