Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 PM  

Rifle, Colorado
Looking to Move

Me and the family are looking to move to Maine in spring or summer of 2011, and I'm looking for some suggestions for areas to live. We are currently considering the greater Portland area. I'm a civil engineer and my wife is a teacher, and originally from the L/A area.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:28 PM  

Newport, Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by og2620 View Post
Me and the family are looking to move to Maine in spring or summer of 2011, and I'm looking for some suggestions for areas to live. We are currently considering the greater Portland area. I'm a civil engineer and my wife is a teacher, and originally from the L/A area.
My wife and I are also looking to move to Portland, asap! I am a Network Administrator and she is a teacher also. I really need to get out of my current area. Portland is a beautiful area.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:38 PM  

Bangor, Maine
The L/A area isn't too bad a place. For the most part anyway. I've only lived in Waterville and Bangor personally, but from what I've gathered you really can't go wrong (as long as you can find work )
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 AM  

Windham, New Hampshire
We do not live in Maine but visit from nearby NH often. We are most familiar with the southern coast (Kittery to Portland). Portland is great. I love the food and numerous microbreweries. As far as where to live I think you have many options, it depends what you are looking for. Your most expensive option would be to find a place in Portland, the cheapest option would be to find a town inland (short drive to Portland), where your money will go much further, and the middle ground would be to find a place north or south of Portland but along the coast. This all comes down to personal preference and budget, but I personally would choose a coastal town outside of the city.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 PM  

Calais, Maine
If you want a decent area to live in, without spending a fortune, and also close to all the amenities, I would look at Brunswick, Richmond, Bowdoin area.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:32 AM  

Newport, Vermont
I have been looking on the job sites but if anyone knows of a good place hiring Newtwork Administrators I would be greatful!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 AM  

Bangor, Maine
Gonna have to plug for Bangor as well, It's a nice place to raise kids, I'm glad I got to grow up here. It doesn't offer as much diversity as I'd like, but if you want a more active area I support the choice of Portland.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant_Bastard View Post
I have been looking on the job sites but if anyone knows of a good place hiring Newtwork Administrators I would be greatful!
I second the request for info... I'm living in MA right now, but want to bail on the state and head north... I went up to Brunswick/Freeport this summer (towards the end of July) and fell in love with that area. Bangor and Bar Harbor are a close second for me. I went up there in 2008 and have been itching to visit again... I'm in the IT field with my last position being a Network Administrator/VMware Administrator... Looking for a similar role for the next job, or to at least be part of the team managing the virtual, and physical, environment. Doing everything possible to stay away from desk side support...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM  
gone jeepin'

West paris, Maine
L/A and Portland are infested with immagrants
Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 PM  

Lewiston, Maine
Not all of L/A or Portland is infested with immigrants. It's certain parts of every city, no matter what state. I live in Lewiston and it's all white Frenchmen around me.

That being said, if you want to stay near a city, L/A, Bangor, Portland are pretty much the areas you should look at. If you want country, just look everywhere else.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.