Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 AM  
gone jeepin'

West paris, Maine
so gmiller, what is the frame hieght measurment. i just got a sticker with 3.5" and 31s on my xj. i am in the process of installling additional lift to set me up at around 5.5 and plan to run 33s. now would that hurt me getting a sticker? now could i potentially fail for ride hieght, or becasue my tires are to big compared to stock? i have heard that you can only run tires that are two sizes bigger than stock, or whats wriiten inside the door jamb. could you clear that up for me? thanks alot. sorry to hijack the thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 AM  
***** of PV4WD.com

Bangor, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonejeepin04220 View Post
what is the frame hieght measurment. . sorry to hijack the thread

maybe someone should start an Maine Inspection Law thread that way we don't hijack M4x4's thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM  
***** of PV4WD.com

Bangor, Maine
l have to give Maine4x4 its due ...

l joined Maine 4x4 back in 07, became a daily poster, then became a Moderator ...

then at the end of 2008 decided we needed a more localized club ... not because we were unhappy at Maine 4x4, but because of the broad based membership ... so PV4WD was created ...

'because" of Maine4x4 ... PV4WD has grown ... because we share in our membership ... a lot members of our club belong to M4x4 and visa versa

l also like that fact that the clubs in Maine know how to work together as a whole ... "most" of us don't feel like we need to compete with the other clubs!!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:29 PM  

Orono, ME
Quote:
so gmiller, what is the frame hieght measurment. i just got a sticker with 3.5" and 31s on my xj. i am in the process of installling additional lift to set me up at around 5.5 and plan to run 33s. now would that hurt me getting a sticker? now could i potentially fail for ride hieght, or becasue my tires are to big compared to stock? i have heard that you can only run tires that are two sizes bigger than stock, or whats wriiten inside the door jamb. could you clear that up for me? thanks alot. sorry to hijack the thread
the OP posted a link to the maine insp manual in the first post. If you click the link and scroll down it is right around page 65/66 of the pdf you need to know the GVWR posted on your door jamb ... it also tells you how and where to measure your vehicle ... I'm not trying to be rude, its just easier for me to explain it this way
Old 12-22-2010, 06:11 PM  
gone jeepin'

West paris, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller217 View Post
the OP posted a link to the maine insp manual in the first post. If you click the link and scroll down it is right around page 65/66 of the pdf you need to know the GVWR posted on your door jamb ... it also tells you how and where to measure your vehicle ... I'm not trying to be rude, its just easier for me to explain it this way
thanks i appreciate it.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM  
gone jeepin'

West paris, Maine
i keep seeing this black xj around lewiston with the Maine4x4 windshield sticker. he has trimmed front fenders and stock rears. also has aftermarket front and rear bumpers. front with winch. just seen him at mcdonalds on lisbon st yesterday. nice xj. was wondering about the fron fender trim. can ya still get a sticker like that.?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:01 AM  

Lewiston, Maine
It's probably Mike. IIRC, he's got a stock rear bumper though. He has a legit sticker. He's running 32's and they barely stick out.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM  

Just signed up for Maine4x4.org. I bought my '07 4dr JK in September. I'm itching to leave the pavement.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 AM  
gone jeepin'

West paris, Maine
how exactly do you sign up?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM  

Quote:
how exactly do you sign up?
Head to Maine4x4.org and it will walk you through it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!