Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM  

Augusta, Maine
More Snow

Another 1 1/2 feet forecast for tomorrow. What fun! Plus there's been a couple more storms since this pic was taken.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM  

I herd we're getting more on Saturday. So much for an early spring

Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM  

At least we got a break last week from shoveling!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:35 AM  

Windham, ME
Well I like snow, even though I don't plow, ski, or snowmobile. I do plan on getting myself another pair of snowshoes for next winter, though. I just like driving in snow, and even shoveling isn't that bad, it's pretty much the only workout I get.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2112 View Post
Well I like snow, even though I don't plow, ski, or snowmobile. I do plan on getting myself another pair of snowshoes for next winter, though. I just like driving in snow, and even shoveling isn't that bad, it's pretty much the only workout I get.
Hear hear! I love driving in snow too, and love the blanket that covers Maine in a good winter. This melt and deep freeze business is not so nice, but December is usually a good time.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:13 AM  

Hey just be happy you don't live in a state that blows the entire snow clearing budget on 1 weekend. Yeah, I live in VA and last year was a nightmare with 3 weekends straight of 8+ inches. I know, it's not much when you're from Maine, but in VA the entire state closes with 1" of snow.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 AM  

I grew up in Va Beach, I remember very well what 1/2" of snow would do. I much prefer that Maine (and most Maine residents) know how to manage it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!