Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 04:39 PM  

Hartford, CT
Where to stay on SE Maine coast?

Heading to Maine this weekend with my long time girlfriend. Looking for a little R&R, to do some Christmas shopping, eat and drink well.

We would love to be near the ocean, so that we can walk the beach. Vineyards, good pubs or breweries a definite plus-and we'd also like to head to LL Bean. We'd prefer to stay in the Southeast portion of the state, to keep the drive a decent length. I'm thinking Portland, but I'm unsure of the beaches (or lack thereof).

Sorry to be so specific but we've been hoping to get some time away for a while now! Any suggestions?

Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 AM  

Portland, Maine
Portland would be a good choice. The Old Port is full of small shops and pubs, Sebago Brewery has a restaurant in the city. LL Bean is only 20 minutes away. As for nice beaches, Long Island has a wonderful beach. The island is a 45 minute ferry ride from Portland which you might find enjoyable as well. The beach is a state beach called South Beach, it's about a 15 minute walk from the wharf.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 AM  

New York
Ogunguit has an awesome beach
Old 12-25-2010, 10:45 AM  

Philadelphia, Pa
Bar Harbor is great.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:36 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
Bar Harbor is great.
I concur. Nice place.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:12 PM  

portland, maine
Fort Williams Park, AKA The Portland Headlight, in Cape Elizabeth is a must see. Has a small beach too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads