Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 PM  

saco, maine
Will there ever be anyone we WANT to vote for in Maine?

I'm so sick of politics, especially in Maine. Wouldn't it be nice if there was ever someone we actually wanted in office? Instead of just voting for the one we hate the least? Or voting against the candidate you distrust the most. If anyone has a truly compelling argument for any of our candidates for governor I'd love to hear it. I think that no matter who we vote for we're still screwed. Someone please convince me otherwise.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:40 PM  

Union, Maine
I think you make a valid point. Always the lesser of 2 or 3 evils. Miss America is chosen from 50 people and we only get to choose from 3 for Governor.

I have met all of the candidates and the only suggestion I have is that Libby Mitchell would be a terrible choice. She is a hardcore liberal who will continue to overtax individuals and small businesses in Maine, in order to over inflate welfare programs. Also the next Governor will have a profound impact on healthcare in the State and she will be in favor of a single payer system where we will be overtaxed and under serviced.

I am supporting LePage because I believe that he has the no nonsense attitude that will propel Maine to a more sustainable system. Cutler appears to be a decent candidate, however he lacks that spark to get us going.

Hope any of that helps.

Dan

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Is your current Governor half way decent?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM  

Bangor, Maine
Uh... that's really debatable haha.

The choices are pretty crappy overall for Gov
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM  

The County, Maine
Well today LePage took over, we will see if he is an improvement. I hope he will as this state is a beautiful place, too bad it is one of the highest in taxes, and last on Forbes list of states friendly to business!
gregj
Old 01-08-2011, 05:33 PM  

Caribou, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj View Post
Well today LePage took over, we will see if he is an improvement. I hope he will as this state is a beautiful place, too bad it is one of the highest in taxes, and last on Forbes list of states friendly to business!
gregj
People are always moving to Maine though, and not because it is a great state, but because you can get assistance, food stamps etc. form day 1, without a waiting period. Of course the working man and business need to pay higher taxes, but that is the cost of the bought vote.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 AM  

Burnham, Maine
lepage ftw

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!