Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 AM  

College Park, Maryland
There's a small liquor store called the Villiage Pump off of Greenbelt Road in College Park.. It has a surprising selecting of single beer bottles (Stone, Ignorant bastard, stuff like that) and a decent wine selection. Their liquor selection is relatively standard but does have a wide variety. It looks like a little run down store but I'd recommend stopping by - I always spend like 10 minutes just looking around at bottles I've never heard of before.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 PM  

VA
What?

You mean no one has mentioned Tick-Tock Liquors in Adelphi?

I hear they have great security and deals that almost seem illegal

Liquor, politics mingle easily in Pr. George's

Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 PM  

Frederick, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm3 View Post
Anyone know of a good beer place near Hagerstown? I'm farther west but I'd be willing to drive to Hagerstown for good beer.
I don't know about Hagerstown.. but if you can trunk it over to Frederick I would recommend Westridge Liqueurs

Westridge Liquors - Frederick, MD - Reviews - BeerAdvocate

It a small shop, but if your into micro brews they have about everything that is distributed in MD.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM  

Eldersburg = Total Discount Liquors
Towson = Well Discount Liquors
Hampden = The Wine Source
Old 11-29-2010, 06:34 PM  

Washington, DC, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpfuror View Post
I don't know about Hagerstown.. but if you can trunk it over to Frederick I would recommend Westridge Liqueurs

Westridge Liquors - Frederick, MD - Reviews - BeerAdvocate

It a small shop, but if your into micro brews they have about everything that is distributed in MD.
Thanks man! I'll be sure to check that out. I often make the drive out to Frederick to visit Ye Olde Spirit Shoppe. This place has a great beer/micro/craft selection as well. I'm always looking for new places.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:40 AM  

La Plata, Maryland
Rosewick Wine & Spirits in La Plata has great beer selection
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM  

Columbia, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerRanger View Post
The Perfect Pour in Columbia is really good.
I second the Perfect Pour in Columbia because they have an outstanding selection and reasonable prices.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 AM  

DC Metro, MD
Anita's in Mt. Airy is okay, but I prefer Mt. Airy Liquors. I've got a pal who works there, so yunno....

However, I'm a huge fan of the Perfect Pour in Elkridge. That place is awesome, and the beer folks are very knowledgeable.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:30 AM  

Elkton, MD
+2 for Stateline (10% discount on wine and single large bottles of beer, 5% on sixpacks of Craftbrew IIRC).

But I want to promote our little local place too - Cherry Hill Liquors:
Cherry Hill Liquors - Elkton, MD - Provider of Maryland Wines
Not a big store but he tries to keep some interesting beers and wines in stock. Greg is also a super nice guy. When we first started to shop with him he was the youngest owner in MD at 18 - he couldn't even drink his own product! He's legal now and is a great resource. He also features a pretty nice selection of MD wines for those gift giving needs....
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM  

gaithersburg, maryland
I get all my beer from The Wine Source in Baltimore. Great selection and well worth the 45 minute drive.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!