Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 02:43 PM  

Crofton, Maryland
my dad is a baltimore city police officer before that he was a "jailguard". the state told him he couldnt get one unless he had so many deaththreats. lets just say he obtained those and was carrying. now that he is a cop he doesnt go anywhere without it unless it is the airport

Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
If it's important to you...why not move to a gun friendly state? I let my FL permit expire....here...open carry if I want.

Scott

Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 PM  

Damascus, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
If it's important to you...why not move to a gun friendly state? I let my FL permit expire....here...open carry if I want.

Scott
Well I know where I'm moving! lol
Old 10-29-2010, 09:37 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane7962 View Post
Well I know where I'm moving! lol
The AK Files Forums - Ammo BAN effective This January

Ammo ban goes into effect in Jan for Kali gun owners. You guys need to think long and hard about where you live or move to. Ultimately we will fight once again for our freedoms and rights...be among those who will fight. Devide and conquer is 'their' objective.

Scott
Old 11-02-2010, 08:13 AM  

Laurel, Maryland
Maryland law contains provisions for citizens to apply for a concealed carry permit under a limited set of circumstances. These include several occupational reasons such as business owners or their employee who makes large cash deposits, retired police officers, doctors, pharmacists, private detectives, security guards, and railroad police. Correctional officers (who do not require a permit while on duty but cannot carry off duty) may obtain a permit if they can provide legally documented evidence of threats on their life. Similarly, private citizens can obtain a permit if they provide evidence of recent death threats that have been documented by the police.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM  

Frederick, Maryland
The short version. Maryland is a "May issue" state. This means it can be denied for whatever reason they want. Some other states are "Shall issue" meaning they can only deny if they have a valid reason.

I don't even recommend transporting firearms through Maryland, if you go into Montgomery county and are not transporting your firearms to the place you are going to use them or to a gun store or place to have it fixed or home, you are in violation of county law. You have to worry about State, County and City laws. If possible just avoid Maryland if you have firearms.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM  

Cumberland, MD
I'd say go to VA instead of MD. If you are working in the DC area, VA side might be worth the longer commute.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:47 AM  

Washington, DC, Maryland
Maryland's concealed carry law sucks... Too bad too, cause I bet it would cut down on the amount of crime, especially in PG county.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM  

Southern MD, Maryland
good luck!!!

i am a licensed Maryland Process server, and i found out it is nearly impossible get a CCP. highly regulated by MD state po po. i gave up and now just carry a super sized pepper spray in a leg holster, as i have been threatened on occassion serving irate spouses.

www.dirtywhiteboyz.com
Old 11-20-2010, 06:55 PM  

Chestertown, Maryland
Fat Chance. Not with this government in Maryland, corrupt voting,and don't care about the public opinion. Blows my mind. Even with hundreds of people filing complaints at voting time,when they voted for Erhlich and it showed up as "Omalley" nothing was done.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!