Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM  

Salisbury, Maryland
Salisbury University

Any one notice the separation between SU and the people of the City of Salisbury..a little integration would go a long way for both sides..

Old 12-27-2010, 05:30 PM  

Forced Integration?

Not sure how you force people to "integrate" or even do it purposely. Either it happens or it does'nt. As I look back at all the colleges I have been to in my days, the term "towny" or townies has been applied to the locals living around the college - esp the blue collar non -college types. I live near SBY and have been on campus many times. I was a student for teh summer of 86'.. Oh the days . I don't see major issues with locals and students. Heck, many students are locals in my experience.. Many locals go to the Commons Food Court at the SU Student Center.. The fact that it is open to locals is evidence of "integration" as you call it. I took my sons there for brunch one day to see what hungover college students look like!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!