Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 AM  

Lowell, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by free2roam View Post
I walk to work in the city I live in. it's beautiful, even in the rain.
That must be nice! A luxury many of us envy.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 AM  

Windham, New Hampshire
Sitting on a bus from NH right now. Summers are about 60 minutes each way, but right now is worse (miserable 90- minutes or more). At least there is WIFI to pass the time...only helps a little.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:57 PM  

Acton, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeskier View Post
Rt 2 needs to be turned into a proper highway!
They seriously need to get rid of the rotary in concord and all the lights
I was just talking with my father about that yesterday... He works in Concord and lives in Westford, but his commute is still almost 1 hour. I live in Acton and commute to Wellesley and my commute is almost the same as his... Pretty sad that the only thing that hangs both of us up is the area between ORNAC (Emerson) to the Rotary...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 AM  

Worcester, Massachusetts
Quote:
Rt 2 needs to be turned into a proper highway!
They seriously need to get rid of the rotary in concord and all the lights
I hear that! The slow downs at the rotary and the lights after into the city make it at least an hour.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:03 AM  

Cambridge, MA
The WORST is leaving Boston on a Friday going north. If I'm visiting friends in NH or Maine on a Friday I either take the day off and leave in the morning or leave at 9pm.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:15 PM  

Medford, MA
I used to commute out from Medford up to Merrimack, NH on Route 3. 39 miles about 45 minutes in the morning and 1 hours going home. This was with a significant leg cutting from Medford up through Winchester, Lexington, and Burlington to get to 3. The reverse commute up 3 is not bad at all for anyone who might be interested. Only around 128 (I-95) does it get backed up.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:55 AM  
Just a Dude in a city

Boston, MA
I drop off my wife at the T stop! that's her commute till she calls after 5!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 AM  

Boston, MA
Commuter Rail

It takes me 20 minutes door to door to get to work on the Commuter Rail from West Newton. I couldn't imagine driving into the city on the Pike!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:01 PM  

I live a mile from the commuter rail for when i want to go into the city. Pretty sweet.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 AM  
zmf

Mass
I absolutely hate commuting traffic. I live in Andover, and if I leave around 8 it's 60-80 minutes easy. If I leave for work at 4:30am, the traffic is much more pleasant and takes only 25 minutes. I really don't understand how people commute from NH and sit in that every day. I live right next to the commuter rail, but it's not worth it. It's expensive and I'd have to change trains twice to get in, and it's still twice as long as driving in, and I have to live by someone else's schedule. I used to live in Newton and rode my bike to work in Cambridge. Nice ride and I was in great shape! My dream is to be able to ride to work again. I tried it once, but 28 is deadly for cyclists and an hour each way is a bit much everyday.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!