Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 AM  
Yankee stuck in FL

Estero, FL unfortunately..
I have sent DM to the admin, nothing.... I bumped this thread, nothing.... I don't know what the deal is. Floriduh has about 10 subforums. I would be on here a lot more often if there was one for us out in the sticks. I mean why does Somerville have thier own... Somerville????? I had to look up where that was...LOL.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
I'll bring it up again

Old 01-11-2011, 07:36 PM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 PM  

Austin, Texas
What should the name of the subforum be, is there a well known name for Western Mass?

What major Cities should I highlight in the description?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 AM  

Keene, New Hampshire
This article is pretty accurate as it is more of a region rather than a city. i don't think any 1 city would capture it. I would consider Worcester to be the central MA sub forum.
Springfield is south, on the CT border and though it is the largest city, would not capture the rural feel of Western MA. Greenfield is north and the same would apply.
Would the labels be better served as:
Western, MA
Central, MA
Eastern, MA
Greater Boston
Cape and Islands
I am not certain how it would be best for search engines though.

Western Massachusetts -
Old 01-12-2011, 04:46 AM  
Yankee stuck in FL

Estero, FL unfortunately..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkco View Post
This article is pretty accurate as it is more of a region rather than a city. i don't think any 1 city would capture it. I would consider Worcester to be the central MA sub forum.
Springfield is south, on the CT border and though it is the largest city, would not capture the rural feel of Western MA. Greenfield is north and the same would apply.
Would the labels be better served as:
Western MA
Central MA
Eastern MA
Greater Boston
Cape and Islands

I am not certain how it would be best for search engines though.

Western Massachusetts -
It's hard to label western MA by city areas, as we have Springfield, Pittsfield, Northampton/Amherst, and Greenfield as our largest cities. The way describe above would be perfect. Thankls so much.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 AM  
Wicked Awesome Dude

You could always break it up by county. MA only has 14. Many people refer to Western MA as the Berkshires, but parts of Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden counties could be considered Western MA too.

Depends on preference. Counties would be more accurate and easy to search by, BUT there are more of them. Areas as outlined above are good, but not as definitive.

3rd option. Do the regions of MA as outlined above, and in the descriptions below you can "highlight" the counties and maybe a few cities. Win win.
How about a western MA subforum-massachusetts_counties.gif 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!