Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 05:47 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
Well, there are lots of sights to see. If you are a history buff (or even just a casual enjoyer of historic sites) then the freedom trail is a must. The USS Constitution (aka old ironsides) is worth a visit. Bunker hill is another good one.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:57 AM  

Boston, MA
Fenway
Sam Adams Brewery
Southie St. Patty's Day Parade.
Marathon Monday

Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM  

Coralville, IA
I love Boston, and visit everytime we get back East. Old Ironsides and the Freedom trail are great family activities. The Science Museum and Museum of Art are both great places to go as well. IF you get bored of everything else and it's summer, go to the beach.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:13 PM  

Just walking through any part of Boston and actually seeing the colonial history surrounding this city is incredible. This is a place where our country started and people living in this country should appreciate and experience that. Plus we have the rowdiest sports fans. Going to a regular season Red Sox game and seeing it sold out with everyone going nuts is pretty awesome.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 PM  

You should visit the Cape and the Islands. Cape cod itself is a great place to visit during the summer, especially Hyannis area. They serve fresh local seafood at the restaurants and the atmosphere is a very pleasant one. Everyone is just out to have a good time. During the day you can go to a beach, drive down to P-Town for a whale watch or take a deep sea fishing trip.
Then comes the islands. Nantucket is small with a single town, but very beautiful place. Martha's Vineyard is made up of only 5 or 6 towns but is a great place to dine and relax. You can also get a scooter for $100 a day and tour the island. Hit up "gay head" to see the clay cliffs...
Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 PM  

Jamaica Plain, MA
Only one? OK, here goes:

History
Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM  

Brooklyn, NY
I agree with a bunch of above posters about Boston, here is stuff to do in no particular order
1.) History - walking tour of the city
2.) Sam Adams Brewery
3.) Harpoon brewery
4.) Bull & Finch (or Cheers if you prefer)
5.) Faneuil Hall market palce
6.) Fenway baby!
7.) Cask n' Flagon
8.) Just enjoy the people - Everyone in Boston is Awesome
Outside of Bostong
1.) Dracut Mass - Tony and Ann's Pizza; the best pizza ever, I've been in NYC for over a year now and Tony and Ann's is still my favorite (only open Thursday thru Saturday)
2.) Foliage - a little late in the season, but maybe next fall?
3.) Westminster Mass - Wachusett Brewery
4.) The Cape!

There is sooo much more to do in Mass, and so much more to do just in Boston; Take it from a born and raised M******** the place is wicked pissah!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:08 PM  

If you're into fishing, there is a lot of great fishing in Massachusetts. In addition to all the great freshwater lakes, you can do some saltwater fishing anywhere on the Cape, but also north of Boston. It's best to do this in warmer weather. Be prepared to catch sharks too! We fish in the New Bedford harbor, and have caught, or known people, who have caught different kinds of sharks there. Every year, about July to August, there's a lot of shark sitings too, so those might be fun to walk the coast and try to see what you can find. Also, there are deep sea fishing boats that can be chartered or you can go on a scheduled one. There are also whale watching tours as well. Lots of options in MA.

Good luck!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:32 AM  

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
My parents live in Florida and I got to visit them once a year usually. They are ALWAYS trying to get me to move down there but I just can't leave Mass. for some reason. I hate the government of this state but love the area. The foliage, the snow, the jerk people that live here hehehe
Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 AM  
Road Warrior

Newton, Taxachusetts
It's within an hour of New Hampshire, that's where Freedom really begins.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads