Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM  

Boston, MA
The people are diverse and intelligent. Economy is more stable than the rest of the US. It's easy to get to all sorts of of environs (city, beach, woods, mountains - no deserts tho). We live longer and make more (yes, even after taxes, grumpy New Hampshirites). We're highly entrepeneurial and forward-thinking, but we embrace our traditions and history too.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 AM  

Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumSearahFarm View Post
I love living in a town of less then 1000 and owning a 200 acre farm
one of the very few left
i love the fact that i am 19 personly own a farm, and want to still be a farmer
24 horses and growing!!!
we have horses for sale too!

Hey, I visited Trum-Searah farm (about ten?) years ago. You had some really beautiful young horses - and a little piebald pony that was dead-ringer for one we had when I was growing up. A lovely place!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:15 AM  
Yankee stuck in FL

Estero, FL unfortunately..
Everyone complaining about MA needs to come live in FL for a few years, you will learn to appreciate MA... Believe me. It seems the people out in western MA are the ones not complaining, I love it out there, can't wait to go home after 17 years in Floriduh... I was in MA in 2008 for 5 months, it was great, I knew then I was going to go back home. At least MA doesn't have a 12.9% unemployment rate. Better looking state, actually all of NE is better looking. Not disgustingly hot like it is here. MA is not as bad as you all think it is... It costs the same to live there as here in FL. from my western MA perspective.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:59 PM  

I just wanted to add that I think the snow makes NE/Mass such a nice place. Granted snow is cold and all, it comes and goes rather fast and doesn't necessarily linger all season. But when it is here, it really makes it feel like winter, unlike living in parts of Cali where you can play golf during the holiday season.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 AM  

dracut, massachusetts
I open my front door, and am immediately surrounded by Massachusetts.

That, of itself, is awesome.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 PM  

South Shore, Massachusetts
I'm 2 minutes from the beach, 10 minutes from a 15000+ acre forest where I run, snowshoe, and bike, and a few hours from the White Mtns. Separate this from the politics and taxes, and you have paradise!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:35 PM  

N. Attleboro, MA
Definitely love the Cape. There are a number of places for nice relaxing time. Hate the traffic getting there, but once down there absolutely love the beaches.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 PM  

Mansfield, Massachusetts
I like the climate/weather, also the closeness to so many different things (the city, the coast, the mountains, beaches etc)
Old 01-13-2011, 03:09 AM  

Gloucester, MA
The Taxes are alway good...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 AM  

Lowell, MA
MA has probably the most colleges in the world all in one state, so definitely the destination of choice for college, after that... get out!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.