Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2011, 01:09 AM  

Clarksville, Tennessee
Bbq!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a fan of southern cooking, MEMPHIS IS YOUR TOWN!!! Can you say BBQ. I never miss the highlight of all my summers..thats right the MEMPHIS IN MAY FESTIVAL<<< International BBQ competition>>> USUALLY May 14-16.. May 14 is the day after my birthday... The wife and I usually go down for my birthday and when I come out of my coma on the next day its feedin time...soooooweeeeeeeee... If you have never been to BBQ HEAVEN as I call it, you are missing out.. WOW,, the streets are lined with every kind of BBQ you can imagine, and I can imagine a lot. The boys from Kansas City are always my personal favorite. If you are a fan of BBQ, and have never been, you are missing out.. Get your HOTEL reservations early.plan on staying overnight.did i mention they have beer too. Bring a very large container of Handi-Wipes and a BIB.. im not kidding. Plan on walking a lot, and make sure you have a backpack with cold water in it, bottled water is kind of pricey, and Memphis gets very hot and humid down by the river in Mid May. We like to park at the farther end of Beale St. and walk down. To each their own.. Happy Eatin!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:26 PM  

memphis
I totally agree! Memphis has the greatest BBQ around. There are several restraraunts, my favorite being the RENDEZVOUS. If you havent been to Memphis, it is a great place to tour and see all of the historical places as well as all the BBQ

Old 01-09-2011, 01:55 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny512 View Post
I totally agree! Memphis has the greatest BBQ around. There are several restraraunts, my favorite being the RENDEZVOUS. If you havent been to Memphis, it is a great place to tour and see all of the historical places as well as all the BBQ
I have to agree with granny512. MEmphis is a great place to just go and visit if nothing else, but the BBQ is second to none.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 AM  
Offroad Parts

Lebanon, TN
bbq

I love Memphis BBQ, Dry rub ribs all the way.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM  

Rendevous is OK for the food. It's great for the atmosphere. I like Corky's ribs waaaaay bettr than Rendevous. I love Corky's!!!! I ate some ribs one time at a place in Germantown? I think?? I can't remeber the name of it, but the ribs were great there. The atmosphere was kinda, meh, though!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.