Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 11:59 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
Author seeking help on Thumb Area Breweries.

I'm writing book on the breweries of Michigan’s thumb with an emphasis on those in St. Clair County. I seeking any information, memorabilia, bottles, advertisements, photographs, recipes, journals and stories. I am especially in need of details pertaining to the Marine City and St. Clair breweries operating in the 1800’s. Others that existed in the thumb included the Union Lager Beer Brewery, C. Kern Brewing Company, Pine Grove Brewery, Sebewaing Brewing Company, and those in Frankenmuth. If you had family members who worked in any of those places I would like to interview you as well. Please contact me through this thread or private message, if you have any info/memorabilia.

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:43 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
I have a cool un used bottle cap from the Sebewaing brewery. It has cork on the inside as a seal and a phesant on the top. I got it from a friend who had a bunch of them, Don't think his family had anything to do with the brewery tho.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dycokac View Post
I have a cool un used bottle cap from the Sebewaing brewery. It has cork on the inside as a seal and a phesant on the top. I got it from a friend who had a bunch of them, Don't think his family had anything to do with the brewery tho.
I'd love to see a photograph of it if you'd be willing to shoot one.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!