Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 03:33 PM  

Bloomfield Hills
Best Snowmbile Trail?

There is nothing like climbing on a your sled with that freshly filled tank smell in the air, the snow flakes melting on the leopard print seat of your Artic Cat 440 Panther as it is uncovered for the first time of the season with all the aunts, uncles, cousins and friends piling out of the line of motor homes lined up with 3-6 sleds on every trailer down a dirt road just outsde of the Michigan National Guard property in Grayling gearing up for fun.

Well thats what I remember oh so many years ago when I was growing up.

I am looking to pick up a new sled this season and try to reclaim some of those old memories.

Anyone have a favorite trail that can live up to a memory??

Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM  

I've spent a lot of time on the trails in the Huron National Forest and the surrounding areas, Glennie, Mio, Barton City, Rose City, etc. Lots of nice, well maintained trails there.

I've also spent some time in the Mancelona and Kalkaska areas. This area tends to get quite a bit more snow and usually has snow when the others don't. Lots more straight-aways along power line a pipeline runs. But IMO the trails in this area take a bit more abuse and tend to me more bumpy.

Fishweb.com has some really helpful maps for snowmobiling in MI.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM  

Marquette, MI
Lot's of great trails up here in the UP but after some close calls, I'm now strictly riding mtn sleds off trail and having a blast.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads