Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 AM  

warren, michigan
So I went up to Dragonsmead with my wife on Friday. I love the selection of beer they have. They have 40 beers on tap that they make. We will be going up there more often. I will still be going up to Kuhnhenns a lot but now I have 2 places to go.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:16 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
So I went up to Dragonsmead with my wife on Friday. I love the selection of beer they have. They have 40 beers on tap that they make. We will be going up there more often. I will still be going up to Kuhnhenns a lot but now I have 2 places to go.
I like Kuhnhenns, but more often than not I am disappointed by their selection. We've done HBT meetups there. But inevitably you often find a lot of beers scratched off their beer list that they are out of, and they don't just swap out to new beers. I've gone in there where maybe they've had only 5 beers still on tap. And if 2 of them are wheats, which I'm not a fan of, then there's little variety left for an enjoyable evening. I think their beers are spectacular, when they have them, but sometimes I feel I've rolling dice when I go there if there's going to be anything I'm in the mood for.

Dragonmead on the other hand you can be sure that even if they have a couple beers out, there's a lot more to choose from.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:46 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
I'm a member at Founders and The Hideout in Grand Rapids Mi. Have been to Saugatuck, Grand Rapids Brewery and Old Peninsula in Kzoo.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 PM  

Essexville, Michigan
Black Forest in Frankenmuth has a really delicious IPA. The food is good there too. Bart's in Bay City does alright. The beer there is a little spotty. Sometimes it seems OK, other times, not so much. A year or so ago, though, the brewer threw down a Rauchbier that was out of this world.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 AM  

warren, michigan
Revvy, I agree with you on the point that Kuhnhenns has had a limited selection of beer on tap, but that has changed lately. They now have at least 10 beer on tap at all times. Come on up for the Chili cook-off and you will see.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
I was up in Mt. Pleasant a couple weeks back and stumbled upon this place;

The food was fantastic, the beers were.....decent, not the worst brewpub I've been in, and not the best. But I liked the stout, and the ipa.

The had a good price on their mixed sixers.... I picked up a few.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:20 AM  

Sterling Heights, MI
I have been to Kuhnhenns many moons ago and started getting disappointed with their selection. Haven't been there in quite awhile. I hear that Wayne is the head brewer now. Will have to go check out the place again to see if it has changed.

Haven't been to Dragonmead in months. But always enjoy their beer and ambiance.

I mostly go to visit Ray over at Sherwood Brewery over there by Lakeside Mall. The beer is good and it is within crawling distance of my home.

Our Brew Club (Pontiac Brew Tribe) meets up at Rochester Mills every 2nd Tuesday of the Month. Their beer is not so bad too.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:28 PM  

MI
I live a couple minutes from CJ's brewery in commerce twp. I have tried many of their brews. Some good some ok. The food there is great. I have to agree with revvy Kuhnhenns makes some top notch brews. I only wish they were not so far away.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM  

Ann Arbor, MI
I really like Blue Tractor seasonals. Their regulars aren't as good. Awesome 10pm-midnight happy hour.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:00 AM  

warren, michigan
I was at Kuhnhenns for our brew club meeting the other day. I was talking to Wayne (he is the brewer there). He said that he will be soon brewing for Bells.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!