Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 PM  

warren, michigan
Camping

My wife and I love to fall camp and we have been going to the same 2 state parks and we would like to find some new places. We like to take short trips where we are not driving more than 2 hours. We live in Warren and are close to all highways.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 PM  

Belmont, MI
Wabasis has an awesome campground, Love it there

Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 PM  
zymurgist

detroit, michigan
how far are you looking to go and what kind of place are you looking for i.e rustic, popular. Cause there is a KoA up in emmet that is realy nice for family and couples we are going next year a few times.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 PM  

Lansing, Michigan
Sleepy Hollow Just north of Lansing is NICE.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 AM  

warren, michigan
my wife and I like to have power when we camp but we like going in the spring and Fall so there is not many people camping. This next year will be our first year camping with a child so that will be new for us.

thanks for the help.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:49 PM  

Saginaw, Michigan
Two and a half hours will put you into Silver Lake State park.

Bring a quad runner or two for lots of fun, adult crowd, town stuff within walking distance--including a pretty good food store with good meat sliced there, firewood, and a large selection of drink types. Said store is literally within an easy tipsy stumble from the two parks of the camp ground, and they only charge about 20% more than is charged in the full grocery store by the freeway 6 miles away.

I strongly recommend the trip.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:31 PM  

Metamora-Hadley is our go-to place for weekend trips. It is the closest campground that has that "up north" feel. (I live in st clair shores)
Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 PM  

Kalamazoo, Michigan
I'd really like to go camping in the UP, just someplace where you can backpack for a week or so...
Old 12-02-2010, 01:00 PM  

Joliet, IL
If you are into camping/backpacking you need to check out the Manitou Islands. To get to them you take an hour long ferry from Leland, MI. There are two islands, north and south Manitous. On the north island you can roam and camp freely, whereas on the south you can only camp in designated areas. So basically if you are looking for more of a "family" camping experience go with the South Island, if you can rough it and are a bit more adventurous go with the North Island.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:22 PM  

Lake Linden, MI
Camping

My family never goes to state parks or 'campgrounds' We go to the very tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula.... As far north as you can possibly go in Michigan. It is beautiful up there.

Here is a couple pics of where we go....
Camping-033.jpg 

Camping-036.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!