Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 12:30 PM  

Bloomfield Hills
High Tech Detroit

We now have an extremely high tech nucleus spawning in downtown Detroit with BCBS, Compuware, Rock Financial and many others moving into a central location.

With a newly proposed rail system down Woodward how many of you are willing to take the plunge and grow Detroit from the inside out again?

Old 01-14-2011, 06:38 AM  

Davison, MI
I avoid Downtown Detroit as much as possible....I'll venture down when more improvements are made

Old 01-15-2011, 07:22 AM  

I go for sporting events, not much else. Too many people congested in one area for me.

Great to see though, I hope they actually turn it around in my lifetime.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:21 PM  

Warren, Michigan
I work in Detroit, the proposed rail would be great if it ever gets up and running. I hate trying to drive and park everywhere, if I can just park once place and use the rail to get around I would definitely go more places.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM  

Detroit, MI
I love detroit. Such a great city with such a bad rap. Most of the poeple who hate on it dont ever venture down to see it, and only talk about what they hear from others.

Went to the Opera House 2 weeks ago, and then went to slows for a great meal. Wouldn't of had it any other way.

Would love to see a rail system added as well.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 PM  

I would move downtown in a heartbeat.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 PM  

I really don't ever see myself moving into Detroit. I like Detroit, but really the only times that I go down there are for sporting events or festivals. Not so sure the light rail would work. Too many people love driving their cars by themselves. That is why carpooling has not taken off in this state.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!