Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 PM  

Raw Milk in Michigan?

Does anyone know where you can get Raw Milk in the Lansing MI area?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:06 PM  

I was reluctant to reply since I am not familair with the Lansing area, but I thought I would let you know about 1 farm that I know has raw milk. It is Oliver Farms located in Fostoria, Michigan. That's all I can offer.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM  

When the farmers markets start this spring, start checking them out.
I know that in the Ovid and Owosso area there are a couple of farmers that offer Raw Milk.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:54 PM  

You should look into CSA's in lansing. Community Supported Agriculture is where you will find these commodities. I know of a CSA in Kalamazoo that offers goat milk. It's called the Lake Village Homstead.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:28 PM  

Marquette, MI
It was my understanding that you couldn't buy raw milk in MI at all. The only way to get it was to buy a cow or goat share, thereby becoming a part owner of the animal and receiving your share of it's bounty.

I've talked to some local farmers and none would do it. I ended up finding a nice couple who have goats, chickens and a massive garden that sold me a goat share. She drops off my milk every week along with dozens of free range eggs. Could never go back to factory milk.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!