Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 AM  

Sterling Heights, MI
Wineries in Michigan

Wondering of anyone visits some of the wineries around Michigan.

There is a new on eopening up soon in Southeast Michigan.
The name is "Northcoast Winery" and will be located in Harrison Twp really close to the classic Eddie's Drive-In.

I've checked out the Wineries on the Pioneer Wine Trail (all were good) but have not visited the others in Michigan.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 PM  

Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenjoe View Post
Wondering of anyone visits some of the wineries around Michigan.

There is a new on eopening up soon in Southeast Michigan.
The name is "Northcoast Winery" and will be located in Harrison Twp really close to the classic Eddie's Drive-In.

I've checked out the Wineries on the Pioneer Wine Trail (all were good) but have not visited the others in Michigan.
There are a few up in the UP too. Mackinaw Trail Winery is Manistique is one whose wine is fairly widely available in the state. I do drink wine, but I've never tried any of theirs for whatever reason.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM  

Edwardsburg, MI
There are quite a few over here on the west side. Sadly, I live within a stone's throw of a handful of them but I've only ever visited Round Barn in Baroda. But I've had a lot of the local wines, but just picked them up in the store.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Traverse City is the place to check out for wineries. I especially like Chateau Chantal.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:19 AM  

Gladstone, MI
I don't do wine much, but Threefold Vine Winery in the Garden Peninsula in the UP puts out some great wine/mead.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 AM  

If you're looking for Michigan wineries the western part of northern Michigan is a fantastic place to start. It's not only a beautiful area to visit, there are many good wineries and breweries relatively close together. Take a look in Traverse City, Old Mission Peninsula, Leelanau, and Sutton's Bay. If you're in the area, make sure to stop by Cherry Republic too.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM  

Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya_eh View Post
I don't do wine much, but Threefold Vine Winery in the Garden Peninsula in the UP puts out some great wine/mead.
I've heard good things about Threefold's. It's really in the middle of nowhere and every time I see the sign by Foxy's Den I think I should turn but haven't yet.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:30 PM  

Jackson, Mi
The only one I've been to is Lone Oak (part of the Pioneer Wine Trail) but I've heard that there are a lot of wineries in the Traverse City area (that hopefully one of these days I'll make it up that way)
Old 11-20-2010, 05:36 PM  

I am the designated driver for my wife's private wine tasting tour every summer. We have been to the SW area in MI an up around TC many times.

More and more places are starting to have hard ciders. We may need to find another driver
Old 11-20-2010, 06:00 PM  

Traverse City, Michigan
Some may disagree but if you haven't been to the wineries in the Traverse City area... you're missing out big.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!