Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 PM  

Michigan
If you're ever in Traverse City you HAVE to do a winery tour. Lot's of top notch stuff there and spending an afternoon doing it is well worth it.

Another stop worth the time is St. Julian's in Paw Paw just off of I-94. Setting up a lunch stop and taking the tour during a road trip on I-94 makes for a nice break.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 AM  

Bay City, MI
There is a really small one in pentwater called Johmagra. All the wines are pretty good, but their whites I think are better.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 AM  

Holland, MI
There are a few in SW michigan. Fenville Mi has probably the most well known one. Havent had a chance to make it there though
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM  

Joliet, IL
I would highly recommend the wineries in the Leelanau Peninsula area. Especially the ones near Suttons Bay and Lake Leelanau. I was raised in the area and know them well. Here is a site that lists some of the wineries in the area: Leelanau County, Michigan Wine, Wineries & Wine Trail - Leelanau Peninsula Vintners Association
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM  

Decatur, Michigan
Designated Driver in SW MI

I, too, am the DD for my wife and her friends when they want to go wine tasting. We have pretty much scheduled a trip every three months or so to go around SW michigan and stock up on all the liquid goodies.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM  

Ovid, Michigan
There are tons of winery's in Michigan

Up in Traverse City area, Blackstar Farms, Long View, Bel Lago, Circa and Chateau Chantal are some of the high lights. But everyone has there favorite. Michigan By the Bottle has a list of most winery's in Michigan.

Michigan Wineries on Facebook - Michigan By The Bottle will take you to the list or just go to Michiganbythe bottle.com to learn even more.

I run the tasting room for Uncle John's Fruit House Winery at the Lansing City Market. I have been tasting wines and involved in the winery business for a long time. Michigan is just awesome for wine.

Paw Paw has Round Barn, Karma Vista and Warner. There are just so many.

If anyone is in the Lansing are or in St. John's stop by. We have Apple, Apple Cherry, Perry, Baldwin, Cinnamon, Apple Cranberry and Barrel Aged Hard Cider. Plus we have about 20 different wines and we also make Apple Vodka and Apple Brandy. Love to have you stop by for a tasting.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 PM  

BFE, MI
It's been several years, but I had a blast going to Fenn Valley winery! They make the best port I have ever had. I usually do not like port, but theirs is totally different from what you think of when you think of port wine.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 AM  

Muskegon, Michigan
I usually hit up Old mission Peninsula in Traverse and do a winery "tour" twice a year. 2 Ladds and Black Star are 2 of my favorites. Almost for got Chateau Chantal, Beautiful winery.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:03 AM  

I'll second the Round Barn, here in the SW part of the state. They also do some distillation of harder stuff. Right next to them is Tabor Hill, which also has a great restaurant. Lemon Creek Winery is not too far from there, and there are a ton of others very close by. Seems like a new sign pops up a few times a year for another local winery.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:00 AM  

There are a few new small wineries in the mid-Michigan area--Sandhill and Lone Oak. They both have their own specialties. I had a Riesling from Sandhill last year that was most excellent.

Lone Oak Vineyard Estate : Jackson Michigan Winery
Welcome to Sandhill Crane Vineyards

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads