Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2011, 06:00 PM  

Your favorite rivers for kayaking

As an avid kayaker I always am looking for a fun trip. I've mainly done local, easy to get to trips in the 4-6 hour range. If I were to travel throughout the state, what rivers would other "yaker's" recommend?

Old 02-23-2011, 06:08 AM  

Burtchville Twp., Michigan
Well I have Kayaked the Manistee River from M-72 North.

We did the 8 hour trip from north of M-72 back to the place we had rented it. It was some of the most clean water and peaceful area I've ever been in.

Now in the Thumb area up near Port Hope there is a "Water Trail" system. Designed for Canoes and Kayaks. I personal have yet to get up there and check it out, but from what I was told there is many miles of the system and you can even go out into a bay on lake Huron.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 AM  

Burtchville Twp., Michigan
Here is a link to the "Water Trail" for you or any others to check out....

Tip of The Thumb Heritage Water Trail, Michigan
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 PM  

I like the easy ride of the rifle river. I usually put in at whites livery in Standish.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM  

Traverse City, Michigan
Wow, opportunities are endless. I like the Boardman from the Brown Bridge Pond Dam all the way down. The Big Manistee River from Tippy Dam all the way to Lake Michigan is a good trip also - LONG trip. Little Manistee River can be challenging in spots but good. Pine River always a good one. Watch the rocks...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 PM  

Quinnesec, Michigan
A good one in the UP is the Michigamme river in Marquette county. i have put in at the old Republic Mine and take out at the Marquette Dickinson county line on M95. it is a great trip with Witbeck Rapids in the summer. You are looking at a 4 hour trip.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:17 AM  

Riverdale, Michigan
Nice lazy 3-4 hour trip, the Jordan from Graves Crossing to Lake Charlevoix at East Jordan.

Avoid the Little Indian in the UP. The Indian is OK, but NOT the Little Indian.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads