Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 PM  

Shakopee, MN
Christmas Lights?

New to Minnesota and wondering if any of the suburbs do big christmas light decorations? I live in Shakopee so I'd be looking at the southern suburbs but open if another does something really neat!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:17 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
It seems that some areas are not doing them this year. Well not like years past. Like my block I am the only one who has them up this year. I think the cold weather and the tons of snow has prevented people from putting them up like years past. I hope that is the reason and not the fear of financial cost of lighting up the night.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 PM  

Ramsey, MN
Phalen drive in St. Paul has some nice lights this year. You can check out the status of them here - http://www.lightsinthepark.org/
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
I think Soucheray was reading my post yesterday. Because they were talking about the lack of lights in the Twin Cities today on 1500. And they said it was probably do to the snow. Well next year I'm going to start putting things up right after halloween.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 AM  

Bloomington, MN
I grew up in Edina and there were always a lot of lights around the Country Club area (both to the south past wooddale and East of the club).
Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 PM  

mn
I can see putting them up early ,, and would if I put lights up , but in mpls one place had there lights up and on , 4 weeks before halloween.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM  
Lost in Minnesota

St. Paul, Minnesota
Speaking about putting up lights too early, this house down the block from me still has them on. It's pushing March. I mean really, shouldn't there be a rule about that?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 PM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
I wonder if there's some online directory of neighborhoods (besides Phalen) that have good lights. I've searched myself but didn't find any. I mostly hear about them from other people or remember where some of the good displays are but most neighborhoods I've seen only have a couple of houses decorated.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads