Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 06:23 PM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
Homebrewers in Chisago County Area

Hello! I'm a homebrewer living in Lindstrom, MN and am looking for other homebrewers in the area who might be interested in sharing info, learning from each other, and possibly starting a homebrewers club. There are 15 clubs listed on the mnbeer.com website and I know there are more but I don't know of any around Chisago County. If you're in the area and are in a homebrew club I'd love to check out your meetings. Otherwise I'm open to help start a club.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 PM  

Minnesota
Hi Jerry,

I am pretty far from you (Barnum, about 35 minutes south of Duluth) but I am in the same boat. I have been thinking about starting a club up this way. Have you ever considered doing the same? I am in the very early stages of planning and recruiting but it has been fun and I have met some pretty cool people.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:12 AM  

St. Paul, Minnesota
Hey Guys,
I'm a homebrewer from N. St. Paul... I live within a few miles of quite a few clubs, but I don't associate officially with any of them.

I do however like to get together with other brewers in the area without the official nature of a club. So, if you are looking for people to brew with every now and then, keep me in mind.

-john
Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 PM  

mn
do you brew beer , wine or both .. I only brew wine ,, beer is to labor intense.
I like wine as you work with it when you have the time . beer you start it you stay with it til done . wine can set til you get time then set again ..
Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomj View Post
do you brew beer , wine or both .. I only brew wine ,, beer is to labor intense.
I like wine as you work with it when you have the time . beer you start it you stay with it til done . wine can set til you get time then set again ..
Right now I only brew beer but would like to do some wine sometime. Lack of equipment is holding me back though.

When wine is fermenting, does it develop a krausen like beer does? If not, perhaps I can ferment some wine in my five-gallon carboy. Then I'd only need to buy a corker.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 AM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinger29 View Post
Hi Jerry,

I am pretty far from you (Barnum, about 35 minutes south of Duluth) but I am in the same boat. I have been thinking about starting a club up this way. Have you ever considered doing the same? I am in the very early stages of planning and recruiting but it has been fun and I have met some pretty cool people.
The problem I have is that I don't know that many people in the area and don't know any other brewers in the area. Maybe I should post some ads at the local markets.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 PM  

mn
Right now I only brew beer but would like to do some wine sometime. Lack of equipment is holding me back though.
all you need for wine is a bucket or gal jug and an air lock ,, you ask --can I ferment some wine in my five-gallon carboy. Then I'd only need to buy a corker.
you have what you need just get a air lock ,, if you use bottled juice make sure
there are no preservatives , if it has preservatives it not ferment , and you will need something to stop fermentation before bottling . if you want a good wine site pm me and I will show you the best one I have found ..
Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM  

Ramsey, MN
I live in Ramsey, let me know if you find anything close as I may be interested!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads