Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2010, 03:55 PM  

Minnesota
Pistol carry law

So Minnesota has had a law making it legal for a citizen to carry a pistol provided they complete a sanctioned class and pass a test. What are peoples opinions about this law? Who's in favor and why, who's not and why?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:00 PM  

Oak Grove, MN
I think it is wonderful the citizens of MN can protect themselves and their loved ones from harm. Self protection is instantaneous when police are at least 10 minutes away. Crime is down 15% since law passed.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 PM  

mn
yea who in there right mind would bring a knife to a gun fight ,, what I mean is if they might have a gun ,, why would you screw with them ..
Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
I'm in Colorado Springs. Open carry is perfectly legal with no test or training required. If you want a concealed weapons permit, then you need a class and background check. As far as I know, there have been no problems with that. Typically, it's the problem makers that don't open carry and don't LEGALLY conceal carry.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM  

St Paul, Minnesota
why wouldn't you want to be able to carry a firearm to protect yourself in this day and age. This is not the old days when you could leave your front and screen doors open and go somewhere or even walk down the street at night, those days are past..
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
I'm for it. Criminals have no idea who's carrying and who's not. Gives them something to think about before they do something stupid.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 PM  

Big Lake, MN
I love it. Then again, I have my carry permit and am going to recertify for it this weekend.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 AM  

Minnesota
I'm very happy to see so many supporters out there. I seem to run into alot of folks that are a little freaked out by the fact that a routinely carry a pistol. Not that I advertise it by any means. I live in a fairly shady neighborhood and when my daughter was born I decided to get my carry permit. I feel like my duty as a father to protect my family is enhanced by my freedom to arm myself.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM  
Lost in Minnesota

St. Paul, Minnesota
I also have a carry permit, I don't always carry but you just never know.
Makes the guy who wants mug you think twice about what might happen.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 AM  

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
I missed my chance to obtain my MN permit in 03 when they first had the law.
After the following political pandering you bet I got mine when I had the chance again.
There is no government that has the "right" to limit my ability to protect myself, my loved ones, or my fellow man.
It is not a right to carry, it is a reality. Too bad that in this day and age we are focused on what we should be able to do instead of what Government should be doing.

Thank you to Bill's Gunshop in Robinsdale for putting on a great clinic...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!