Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 PM  

Bemidji, MN
Alright, need help with jeeping trails in northern MN

Since i ws suggested to this sight by jeepforum, figured this would be appropriate. In the bemidji area, jeep on some trails in the immediate area. Havent made it over to the chippewa forrest with it yet, but used to take quads out there, so im familiar with the area.

I know theres an offroad park or something on the range, like buhl or something, but what else? anything decent in the grand rapids area? i know its flat over by the red river valley, but anything decent that way?

thanks

Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon_138 View Post
Since i ws suggested to this sight by jeepforum, figured this would be appropriate. In the bemidji area, jeep on some trails in the immediate area. Havent made it over to the chippewa forrest with it yet, but used to take quads out there, so im familiar with the area.

I know theres an offroad park or something on the range, like buhl or something, but what else? anything decent in the grand rapids area? i know its flat over by the red river valley, but anything decent that way?

thanks
Here's a link to the DNR run trails in Minnesota. Hope it helps.

OHV trail locations map: Minnesota DNR

Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 PM  

Duluth, MN
I'm new to northern MN, coming from down near Red Wing and am wondering about trails not run by the DNR. Are there any ones a pretty much stock jeep can run? (Hey I'm a college student I'm glad I have one to begin with!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz View Post
I'm new to northern MN, coming from down near Red Wing and am wondering about trails not run by the DNR. Are there any ones a pretty much stock jeep can run? (Hey I'm a college student I'm glad I have one to begin with!
Any trails not run by the DNR are pretty much private... meaning you would need permission from the owner/club to run on it. And I DON'T recommend you driving on private land without it. Besides being illegal, potentially dangerous, and just plain inconsiderate; it gives tree huggers something to use against us.

As for running a stock 4x4, the park in Gilbert has trails for all skill/mod levels (from beginner to advanced) and its pretty close to free ($35 for a 3 year statewide permit).
Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 PM  

Duluth, MN
Okay, thank you.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Gilbert offroad site

I live in Blaine just north of Minneapolis and I went to the Iron Range offroad park in Gilbert for the first time this last spring and I highly recomend it. The camping in the area is cheap and it is a short drive to the Offroad area. If I hadn't blown up my Wrangler (on the road, not off) I'd have gone up there another 5 times this year. Plus the the color of the mud is pretty cool and there is trails for all skill levels.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
I live in Blaine too... near Blainebrook. What part do you live in?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:36 PM  

Mankato, MN
There are minimum maintainence roads all over the place in northern mn, I take them whenever possible =)
Old 10-16-2010, 05:59 AM  

Oakdale, MN
I have a 95 ZJ (Grand Cherokee) with a 2" lift and 31's. I was able to do a lot of easy and intermediate trails in Gilbert. Its a fun place and Sherwood is a nice place to camp.

Another spot that's nice for stock to mild rigs is Spider Lake.

MN-Jeeps is a good local forum.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:33 AM  

Duluth, MN
Thank you, I will check out the MN-Jeep forums. Also is there a map of minimum maintenance roads or is it just see one and take it?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads