Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2010, 03:08 PM  

Waconia, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by codenamecody View Post
There are minimum maintainence roads all over the place in northern mn, I take them whenever possible =)
I live for minimum maintenance roads! They are great for the dirt bikes as well as my Jeep. Found some good ones out west of Minneapolis.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:19 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz View Post
Thank you, I will check out the MN-Jeep forums. Also is there a map of minimum maintenance roads or is it just see one and take it?
The DNR and local forestry service offices would have maps for fire access and forest trail roads. Other low/no maintenance roads (such as ones leading to abandoned mines, railroad/high voltage electrical tower maintenance roads, other non-public access roads) would be found at the company that owns them, or may also be found at the county seat. Just make sure to get appropriate permission to use them before hand.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:13 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
jeeping trails

Hey willyo I am near Blainebrook, up there every fri night for the 10 free poker game. I'm withih 2 min of Jefferson and 117th.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:19 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
jeeping trails

I forgot to ad that if you google OHV Park gilbert you should find there site easily and I belive they have a map on there as well. I sent in for info through the site and they mailed me a packet that included a map. All the trails are marked for difficulty and the enterance and exits, I had some fun saving the trails I hit in my GPS so the next time I go up there I can hit other trails. They also have maps on site at the check in area. Also on the way out they have a nice little wash area so you can spray the iron ore out of the brakes and radiator.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:49 AM  

Oakdale, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz View Post
Thank you, I will check out the MN-Jeep forums. Also is there a map of minimum maintenance roads or is it just see one and take it?
Your welcome. I have found that site very helpful for learning about local wheeling.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper8 View Post
Hey willyo I am near Blainebrook, up there every fri night for the 10 free poker game. I'm withih 2 min of Jefferson and 117th.
Cool. I'll play there this Friday. Ask Paul to point out Kelly's Dad.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:34 PM  

North Mankato, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
I live for minimum maintenance roads! They are great for the dirt bikes as well as my Jeep. Found some good ones out west of Minneapolis.
I LOVE minimum maintenance roads, although I recently had my favorite get paved by the county Quite upsetting and not to mention a waste of asphault!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKHemi View Post
I LOVE minimum maintenance roads, although I recently had my favorite get paved by the county Quite upsetting and not to mention a waste of asphault!
Hey... the Jeep Liberty owners needed a place where they could 'offroad' too. <ROFL>
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 AM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
WillyO, I won't be up there this fri, I gotta bale out a in-law up north so I'll be putting a transmission in a 99 Suburban. Not the way I wanted to spend a day off but it keeps her side of the family happy and tearing sh1t apart is what I do best.

So you know that Blainebrook is going to start sat night poker again on Nov 6th? I assume you know Lisa and Jim and Ben to mention a few. I guess I'll have to catch up with you the week after then.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM  

Hastings, MN
I used to run a lot of state forest trails up near park rapids. Lots of fun with the wrangler or dirt bike. Haven't gotten the XJ out on any yet though

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!