Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2010, 01:40 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper8 View Post
WillyO, I won't be up there this fri, I gotta bale out a in-law up north so I'll be putting a transmission in a 99 Suburban. Not the way I wanted to spend a day off but it keeps her side of the family happy and tearing sh1t apart is what I do best.

So you know that Blainebrook is going to start sat night poker again on Nov 6th? I assume you know Lisa and Jim and Ben to mention a few. I guess I'll have to catch up with you the week after then.
No worries. I know them all well. Jimmy and Mel too. Cya on the 29th.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:22 PM  

Waconia, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyO View Post
Hey... the Jeep Liberty owners needed a place where they could 'offroad' too. <ROFL>
I read this last week and I'm still laughing....

Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

So are HUMMERS allowed on "Jeeping Trails"? Hello all.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM  

Waconia, MN
Ahhhh the Hummer question. I'm good with anyone that isn't a poser. If your Humor has more chrome on it than my grandma's Cadillac or if it's got spinners you need not go near a Jeep trail. However, if your Hummy is mud brown 90% of the time and you wear your trail scars with pride when you do wash it I'm looking forward to catching up with ya!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
Ahhhh the Hummer question. I'm good with anyone that isn't a poser. If your Humor has more chrome on it than my grandma's Cadillac or if it's got spinners you need not go near a Jeep trail. However, if your Hummy is mud brown 90% of the time and you wear your trail scars with pride when you do wash it I'm looking forward to catching up with ya!
Finally someone who will wheel with a HUMMER wheeler. Most the time people get too caught up in the HUMMER vs. JEEP thing to even notice that yes... I actually do wheel my HUMMER and it's purpose is not to go get groceries. Living so close together I'm sure you have seen my rig around. I mean... I'm the only HUMMER that isn't stock or doesn't have 22" chrome wheels. And yes... that makes me sad because more people should use what they have. Anywho... If you ever see a modified Silver H3 running around give a wave.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 PM  

Waconia, MN
I will. I chased down a gorgeous H1 the other day. Made my Rubicon feel like a little girl.... Ahh but in good time I'll mod out my Rubi to make him jealous. Just need time and money. Lots of both!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:52 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
I will. I chased down a gorgeous H1 the other day. Made my Rubicon feel like a little girl.... Ahh but in good time I'll mod out my Rubi to make him jealous. Just need time and money. Lots of both!
A Rubi huh? Nice! Those are great rigs! That would be the only way I would step into the jeep world. I like the very capable right out of the box type of trucks. I figure less modification is needed that way.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:30 AM  

Waconia, MN
Yes, the Rubi is a great place to build from. Not a ton of stuff left to do but spend money on fun stuff. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do first. I think it will be wheels, lift and then some underbelly additional plates. I'm going to need to spread it out over many years and I hope by the time I'm done with it we have a few Jeeps in the family.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Yeah I've been building mine slowly since I drove it off the lot brand new in '06. I've got tires, suspension, power adders and dress up stuff in place but now I need to start reinforcing the undecarriage. Rock sliders, UCP & shock skids are next on my list. Fortuately I'm a moderator for the biggest HUMMER forum/Club on the net so I've got lots of great connections for parts and custom aftermarket add-ons. Do you have any places that you take it off road locally? There is a spot in watertown... but I don't know if were supposed to be up there or not. But there are some pretty fun hills to climb and if it rains there is a massive mud pit. Thank God for M/T's!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:57 PM  

Waconia, MN
I don't have any place locally other than heading west of Waconia and looking for min. mntc. roads. I've been out to Appleton, MN with the bikes and watched some "rock crawler" go up the wall. Bought my Jeep soon after that and have considered going back with the bikes and the Jeep now but time is tight for me now. I'd like to connect with some local off roaders and learn more about the sport that I will be investing in for many years to come. Just a chance to listen and learn. My Jeep is pretty much stock right now and will take me some time but I don't mind since I have so much to learn so if you have suggestions of groups to get together with I'd love to hear them.

As for Watertown; I live near there and wasn't aware of anything. Love to hear more.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads