Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2010, 08:03 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
I don't have any place locally other than heading west of Waconia and looking for min. mntc. roads. I've been out to Appleton, MN with the bikes and watched some "rock crawler" go up the wall. Bought my Jeep soon after that and have considered going back with the bikes and the Jeep now but time is tight for me now. I'd like to connect with some local off roaders and learn more about the sport that I will be investing in for many years to come. Just a chance to listen and learn. My Jeep is pretty much stock right now and will take me some time but I don't mind since I have so much to learn so if you have suggestions of groups to get together with I'd love to hear them.

As for Watertown; I live near there and wasn't aware of anything. Love to hear more.
You know, I haven't connected with any local off road clubs because they are mainly all jeep clubs and owning a HUMMER and off roading in this state I'm basically the black sheep of the off road community. My buddy has a capable F-150 and him and I usually go out and find places to test the abilities of our trucks. I belong to a national HUMMER club called Club Hummer Off Road but I'm the only person in this state affiliated with them.

As far as the Watertown spot goes, it's owned by the golf course and like I said before I'm not sure if we are supposed to be up there playing around or not. Almost everytime I go up there is some high school kid buried to the axel in his stock chev 1500. And I have to pull him out. Anyways, this place is right on the crow river directly across from the golf course. (can't remember the name of the course) It's got some good hills to climb but nothing technical. It's a fun place to go mess around for a half hour or whatever. If you're coming into Watertown from Waconia on 10, take a right onto the street just before the Crow river bridge and follow that down a couple miles. Once you get past the trailer park keep winding around till the pavement become gravel. On your right you will see tracks going up a couple hills. Up there is the spot.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 PM  

Waconia, MN
I'll be looking for it, I can usually smell mud.

I'm not a Hummer hater and in fact I just got back from having a couple of beers with a friend that owns a Hummer. Guess we need to start our own club.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
I'll be looking for it, I can usually smell mud.

I'm not a Hummer hater and in fact I just got back from having a couple of beers with a friend that owns a Hummer. Guess we need to start our own club.
Sounds good. I would love to get something organized over the winter and make a couple trips to Appleton or Gilbert next summer.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:45 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Gilbert is a good spot. There is a farm outside of Virginia that the owner has a mud run every year. Though I heard there was a death a few years ago. So I don't know if he still does it. Also isn't there a all terrain park outside of Hibbing now?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 PM  

Waconia, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Sounds good. I would love to get something organized over the winter and make a couple trips to Appleton or Gilbert next summer.
Winter is upon us....keep me informed.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:41 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Winter is upon us....keep me informed.
Will do. Did you go to school in Waconia? My wife and her siblings went to school there. Do you know Janelle, Carrie, Jake or Tara Nelson?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 PM  

Waconia, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Will do. Did you go to school in Waconia? My wife and her siblings went to school there. Do you know Janelle, Carrie, Jake or Tara Nelson?
No, I grew up in northern Wisconsin. Been in Waconia for about 14 years now. I don't recognize the Nelsons.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:42 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Ah... ok. Well it was worth a shot. You know how these small towns are.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!