Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2010, 06:32 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
why drive 6 hours to minneapolis

i ive in NW North Dakota. give me a reason to drive 6 hours to minn. anything besides mall of america.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:51 AM  

Millville, Minnesota
Don Pablos shrimp fajitas

Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 AM  

Big Lake, MN
The scenery in New Ulm & Red Wing, especially now that the leaves are changing.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:18 PM  

Bemidji, MN
Seeing your in Minot, i would say no really good reason. Thats a nice looking town. Most of ND east of you sucks, but Minot starts getting nice. drove through to go prairie dogging month back or so, awesome on the west end of the state
Old 10-06-2010, 05:12 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i ive in NW North Dakota. give me a reason to drive 6 hours to minn. anything besides mall of america.
I donno... how about the Minnesota Twins, the Minnesota Vikings, the Minnesota Wild, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Science Museum of Minnesota, the Ordway Theatre, the Guthre Theater, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Minneapolis Childrens Theater, the Childrens Museum of St Paul, not to mention several other nationally recognized theatrical productions. How about Vallyfair, the Minnesota Zooilogical Garden, the Como Park Zoo, the 'Back to the 50s' streetrod weekend... how about just coming to see buildings taller than 4 stories with something in them besides grain?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 AM  

Mpls, Minnesota
Minot is way up there. I drove 6 hours there and I can't say I had a blast, but my resources were limited. I guess it really depends on your taste. If you are a city guy, Willyo mentioned quite a few attractions...but I wouldn't count the Timberwolves, does anyone even care? I think they can't even give the tickets away if they tried to.

If you like music, there's plenty of venues for that. Fineline, First Ave, Turf Club just to name a few. I don't count the Target Center. That place is for super fans. I myself prefer smaller venues, local feel.

Food and bars....it's everywhere, I don't need to tell you that.

Why should we drive 6 hrs up to Minot?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 PM  

Duluth, MN
Four words: Boundary Water Canoe Area.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 AM  

Mpls, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz View Post
Four words: Boundary Water Canoe Area.
Definitely a great area. I've been out there 3 times and it never gets old.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:23 PM  

Waconia, MN
If you like theater Minneapolis/St. Paul is rich in the arts. I highly recommend going to the Guthrie to see a show. Or if you have kids the Minneapolis Children's Theater is top in the nation.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 AM  

Minneapolis
Good local beer (Fulton, Surly, Lift-bridge, Flat Earth). Pro Sports Teams, a Wild Game in Downtown St Paul is fun. Good people, good bars(The Nook, Psycho Suzie's, Nye's Polonaise). Great Arts/local music scene.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads