Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Mississippi
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM  

Mtn Biking in MS

I have family in Starkville, Jackson, and Gautier (coast) and try to visit a couple of times per year.

I'm trying to decide if there's anything worth bringing the bike to ride.

Generally I like technical, rocky terrain, but when the family is getting annoying I'll happily ride any ribbon of dirt available.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:16 PM  

You may want to check out the Nathez Trace. Not sure how far you are willing to go, but I know it runs up around Jackson. Not sure how close Starkville is to the trace but it does go up that way. I've been on it around just south of Vicksburg and it would make a nice bikeride.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 AM  

trails

Dude, I know a buddy who rides somewhere out in madison all the time. I know I've heard him talking about rocky and technical parts of the trail. I'll find out and post for you.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:39 AM  

Found it it's called the Ridgeland Trails. Go to ?? Tri-County Mountain Bike Association - Home for more info.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM  

Eureka, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
You may want to check out the Nathez Trace. Not sure how far you are willing to go, but I know it runs up around Jackson. Not sure how close Starkville is to the trace but it does go up that way. I've been on it around just south of Vicksburg and it would make a nice bikeride.
The Natchez Trace is paved and you share the trail with traffic, although trucks and commercial vehicles are banned from it. There are supposed to be a few short sections of the original dirt trail alongside it in some places, but I don't know if you can ride a bicycle on it. I think it's for horses and hikers. It wouldn't be challenging from a mountain biking point of view, but it's a great road trip if you're into bicycle touring. I did it last year, both directions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Mississippi
Bookmark this Page!