Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Mississippi
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 PM  

Benton, Arkansas
These are all great spots, but you should definitely come to Hot Springs, AR. Superlift ORV Park has some of the best trails in the country.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM  

Biloxi, MS
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine13 View Post
We just ride along the sand bar when the Mississippi River is low. It's fun no matter if you have a jeep or 4 wheeler. I'll have to try the DeSoto National Forest though.
Watch out for the sandbars man. Super illegal.
Also, We had a guy get stuck near the main power lines near Desoto and was ticketed big time. He ran over some pitcher plants and various other stuff which was illegal.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:33 PM  

Water Valley, MS
CMSJA.org is the main Jeep club.

Great post, I have met a couple of guys from this club. Definately hit them up.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:13 AM  

brandon, ms
Used to be some great trails in the brandon/pelahatchie and morton area but not anymore, they decided to build subdivisions everywhere.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:02 PM  

Brookhaven, Mississippi
When it gets muddy you can ride the road along the Mississippi River up from Woodville area - Place is called Fort Adams, Ms - Jackson Point Road, I believe it dead ends after several miles but we have never gone that far.

There is also some great fishing at Lake Mary and great hiking at the Clark Creek Natural area.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 PM  

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman2383 View Post
These are all great spots, but you should definitely come to Hot Springs, AR. Superlift ORV Park has some of the best trails in the country.

Defintely a nice place to wheel! Been there twice and have enjoyed it both times!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:38 AM  

Jackson, MS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcountry73 View Post
CMSJA.org is the main Jeep club.

Great post, I have met a couple of guys from this club. Definately hit them up.
We ride at PLO at least once every couple months and hot springs a couple times a year. Also Sicily Island in LA is becoming a hot spot for us and others.

hit us up at: www.cmsja.org
Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 AM  

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzx View Post
We ride at PLO at least once every couple months and hot springs a couple times a year. Also Sicily Island in LA is becoming a hot spot for us and others.

hit us up at: www.cmsja.org

I joined up on there earlier this morning....my grandparents live down in merdian, ms and we're suppose to be down there for thanksgiving and that weekend. I may try to get some wheeling in while im down there.

What kind of trails does PLO offer, is it mainly mud?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:51 AM  

Jackson, MS
HATE mud. Granted its MS so depending on the rain... there will be some level of mud. We brought in a truck load of reject culverts for some fun as well as they have other stuff mad made to mimick rock crawling. Some good hill climbs and wash outs too. There are one or two mud bogs if thats your deal but more to it than that for sure. See below....
__________________________________________________ ________
PLO will be hosting a ride the Saturday after Thanksgiving for all you Wheeloholic's that will have been stuck in the house with your mother-in-laws for 2 solid day's. Here is your opportunity to get out and freakin break something!!!!

All proceeds for the ride will go to the Purvis family who's house burned in our community! They are in need of a lot of help getting there life back together. Several of you guys have gotten with me about helping so here is you chance! We got a lot done this weekend at the workday but there is plenty more to do. This is a 4 person family in a 800 sq ft house with 2 bedrooms. We are going to try and add an extra bedroom and bathroom. So all the money we can get would be great.

We will start the ride at 1:00PM and go until

Admission will be $10 for rig and rider
Additional rider is $5

This ride is open to any make and model vehicle. And any member of any club.

NO ALCOHOL/DRUGS
NO drivers under 18 y.o.a.
All participants and spectators must sign a liability waiver, and participate of their own free will, knowing of the inherent dangers of the sport of OFFROADING.
All that enter Porter Lane Off road, do so at there own risk.

Porter Lane Offroad
140 Porter Lane
Florence, MS 39272
Chris Barron
601-260-1070

If your are coming on this ride you must post up in this thread so we can get a count on who all is going to be there.

PS. For the people that come to our rides and feel they do not need to follow the rules like everyone else does, you do realize that none on the PLO staff profits a dime from this venture? Every dime that comes from y'all to ride goes right back into park to make improvement or pay the land owner. It has also become and outlet to raise money for other people that are less fortunate than we are. So help me if i know of someone who does not pay there money and who does not drive slow on the driveway when entering the facility like everyone has been asked to do several time i will unleash the wrath of Bruce and Matt on you! they will be at the gate and if you drive by them at a high rate of speed and do not pay you will be in the hand of and angry mob that has paid.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:06 PM  

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzx View Post
HATE mud. Granted its MS so depending on the rain... there will be some level of mud. We brought in a truck load of reject culverts for some fun as well as they have other stuff mad made to mimick rock crawling. Some good hill climbs and wash outs too. There are one or two mud bogs if thats your deal but more to it than that for sure..

I hate the Mud too....all it does is tear stuff up and requires hours of cleaning...I like basic trail riding with some hill climbs and things like that....I'm goin try and check it out since i should be in Pelahatice, MS that saturday and i dont think its to far from there

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Mississippi
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.