Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 PM  
Curmedgeon

Max Meadows, VA
Christmas In Branson?

My wife and I are old and tired...and retired. We live on retiree income which is, in effect, shrinking every day.

We are thinking of getting away for a few days over Christmas. Just the two of us, lovebirds.

We don't care for parties or big tadoos and prefer to stay away from crowds. We enjoy Christmas lights, parades, zoos, country music, scenery, good food (not fancy food), and historic sites (esp Civil War). My wife loves to read while I am off hunting.

I am looking into things to do and places to see within a full day's drive of SW Virginia.

Branson is within our driving limit. I have surfed the Internet and found motels and some attractions that are advertising for the holidays but I would like to get some suggestions from real people.

Tell us about Christmas in Branson.

What will we find to do in on 23, 24, 25, and 26 December?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
I think You would have a great time. Plenty of shows, Shopping, Fishing, (trout in Lake Tanycoma). Lots of good home cookin resturaunts.... Just do a search on the net...(Christmas in Branson..)

Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Nice little side trip from Branson is Eureka Springs in Northern Arkansas. Nice little historical Town.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 AM  

Festus, Missouri
Silver Dollar City has 4 million lights setup and they have a parade that goes through the park. There are several christmas shows down there, branson belle, dixie stampede, andy williams, etc. It is on lake tanycomo and table rock lake - both are good fishing lakes. It is in the ozarks - so there is a lot of scenery to take in. Several nice hotels to stay down there as well - grand victorion, lawrence welk, etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM  
MO is the best

Marceline, MO
Silver Dollar City, i agree is awesome at Christmas time. You can take your sweet time and check out the shops and lights. There is a crowd but not horribly busy, just a nice atmosphere to visit.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:51 PM  
Curmedgeon

Max Meadows, VA
I had to look up Silver Dollar City. It looks like great fun but may be more fun if we borrowed a couple kids to take along.

Please do not send us your kids. Haha

And fishing? At Christmas, none the less.

Eureka Springs is going on our list of places to visit.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 AM  

Festus, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknee View Post
I had to look up Silver Dollar City. It looks like great fun but may be more fun if we borrowed a couple kids to take along.

Please do not send us your kids. Haha

And fishing? At Christmas, none the less.

Eureka Springs is going on our list of places to visit.
Nah - you don't have to have kids - i see a lot of older couples down there. There are a lot of shops and things to do.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Definately a great little town!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 AM  

Success, Missouri
We go there often, in the Summer time it gets very busy but not so bad in the winter. We like to stay at the Clarion on the 76.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:51 PM  

Sedalia, Missouri
I haven't spent a lot of time in Branson during Christmas time, but the few times I have been through, they always have an amazing light display.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!