Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 11:25 AM  

Austin, Texas
Lake of the Ozarks

Any of y'all from that area. I grew up in Osage Beach... I go back every once in awhile... its amazing how much its grown in the last few years.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM  

Kabetogama, Minnesota
I made a trip to Osage Beach last March to play golf (jump start the season as we still had 3 feet of snow) Wonderful golf courses.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 AM  

St. Louis, MO
I call it the Lake of the Gokarts. Although beautiful, it's a like a bad tourist trap as of the past few years. And, you have to be in about a 30' long boat minimum to be safe on any Saturday throughout the year. So, in a nutshell, if you're looking for nice, peaceful, family getaway, go to Table Rock Lake down in Springfield/Branson. If you want to go all out, beer swilling, in a jet boat, hit "The Lake" as most people call it. Check out the Party Cove if you want to take it all up about a hundred notches!! (bathing suits optional) ;-)
Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 AM  

Columbia, Missouri
Grew up in the springfiled area. Home of Bass Pro and cashew chicken!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:13 PM  

topeka, ks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropLockandDropkick View Post
Any of y'all from that area. I grew up in Osage Beach... I go back every once in awhile... its amazing how much its grown in the last few years.

We used to go every year for family Vacation. Like 18 -22 of us. Since 1980. We haven't been going for a few years since my G-ma got sick and died though.

We stayed at the same place every year too. Big Bear resort mile marker 2 or 3.

And you aren't kidding. Every year it is something new down there. Awesome area though. Even if it is getting busier and busier.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:02 AM  

Burr Ridge, IL
I was just at Lake of the Ozarks a few weeks ago for a shooting match. It's beautiful country, but it looks like the type of area that would be pretty congested during the tourist season.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 AM  

Spring Hill, Kansas
I am heading there this weekend...around the 60mm. It should be beautiful with all the leaves turning

John
Old 10-14-2010, 11:01 AM  

Waynesville, Missouri
Live near Leonard Wood (Waynesville) go near there sometimes on the way to LORA
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 PM  

O'Fallon, Missouri
I would go to my grandpa's farm as a kid, well still do. It's in Fort Leonardwood.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:46 PM  

St. Louis, Missouri
I grew up here in the "Loo", but I had the opportunity to visit Osage Beach several years ago. I won a drawing for a free weekend for two at "The Lodge" that the wife and I took advantage of. It was during the off season (November) and we basically had the run of the entire place by ourselves. Swimming pool, sauna, bowling alley, restaurants, game room....... we were the only ones there!

Had a shark steak there for the first time in my life, and it was absolutely delicious! We had the time of our lives, and it was the best weekend getaway we could have asked for. Definitely going to have to do it again sometime!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.