Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2010, 05:12 AM  

Rolla, Mo
River country

In the heart of Missouri, there is an area that will make any vacation nice. The Ozarks. We have river after river, tall bluffs, miles of beautiful woods, and wildlife all around. You can find anything from otters and muskrats to bobcats and bald eagles. The water is clear, beautiful for under water photography. I love heading out to the rivers (just a few miles from me) to go fishing, or just hike around with the kids. For all of the tourists... Be careful! The country is beautiful and brings in a lot of tourists. The local coats know this and use it to their advantage. Tickets and probation are handed out like tourist maps.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:27 PM  

St. Louis, MO
Kaintuck south west of rolla is a great place to commune with nature!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:10 PM  

Holiday Island, Arkansas
We moved to Holiday Island, AR about 4 years ago. We want to start checking out some of MO state parts. Roaring River is only about 15 minutes from us. What are some good parks to check out with cabins and trails and caves to explore?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:49 PM  
MO is the best

Marceline, MO
I always loved going canoeing in south Missouri.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:07 PM  

Rolla, Mo
This is my favorite time of the year to hit the rivers. Good camping weather. The only bad bug right now is the lady bugs. Take along a french press or make some cowboy coffee.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 AM  

O'Fallon, MO
I go floating down the Meramec in Bourbon at my friend's farm occasionally

It's the best!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 AM  

Success, Missouri
I have lived in MO (near Fort Wood) since about 06 and have been on a few floats and never been disappointed. There are some incredible sights to see.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 PM  

doolittle, mo
I've lived in the Rolla area most of my life and love the area lots of good rivers and national Forrest with good hunting and fishing everywhere
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM  

Wilmington, North Carolina
The vast amount of insects in the Ozarks is enough to keep me at bay, haha, but some of the best fishing I have done was on Table Rock Lake with my Grandfather. Its really beautiful out there.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM  

Sedalia, Missouri
Floating down south is always a great time. I look forward to it every year and try to go at least two times in the summer. It's a fairly long trip from Sedalia but totally worth it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!