Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 10:56 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
Montebellos

This place has been around for over 50 years. It's in the basement of an old house in Lemay but it is by far the best thin crust "St. Louis" style pizza ever.
Now were getting some place. Never heard of Montebellos, that's good I now have someplace new to go. Thanks

Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
For thick crust I prefer Bono's on Watson.
And yet another place I've never heard of. On my list now. Thanks

Old 10-09-2010, 12:55 AM  

Joplin, Missouri
If you're up for a road trip, try Woody's Wood Fire Pizza in Joplin. It's the best pizza you'll find in this area.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:53 AM  

St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 682202 View Post
Now were getting some place. Never heard of Montebellos, that's good I now have someplace new to go. Thanks
It's not a fancy place so don't expect much. And if you're a beer drinker, they only have Bud Light in cans. But the food is GREAT. Monday nights are carry out only but any other night you can dine in. The toasted ravs are also top notch.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:57 AM  

St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 682202 View Post
And yet another place I've never heard of. On my list now. Thanks
Bono's actually has three types of crust, thin, hand tossed and thick. They're all exceptional but the thick is my favorite there. The sandwiches are also great. I've never had the pasta there yet. I would plan on take-out because they only have one or two tables and it's not really set up for dine-in. I believe the owner is one of the original guys who started up Calecos, the restaurant that used to be on Tesson Ferry south of 270.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:19 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
It's not a fancy place so don't expect much. And if you're a beer drinker, they only have Bud Light in cans. But the food is GREAT. Monday nights are carry out only but any other night you can dine in. The toasted ravs are also top notch.
Fancy doesn't count for much when I choose a pizza joint, but a personal recommendation does.

Now I just got to get my self together and go get a pie...
Old 10-13-2010, 08:22 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellblock9 View Post
If you're up for a road trip, try Woody's Wood Fire Pizza in Joplin. It's the best pizza you'll find in this area.
Joplin's down the road a way's, so it may take me awhile before I get a chance to land there, but it's on my list...
Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 AM  

Collinsville, IL
Just a 15 minute drive into IL, Collinsville boasts the BEST pizza at Friday's South on Main Street. Wednesday night special is only $9 for large any toppings.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 PM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmittrz View Post
Just a 15 minute drive into IL, Collinsville boasts the BEST pizza at Friday's South on Main Street. Wednesday night special is only $9 for large any toppings.
Sounds like a trip to Collinsville is in order. What style do they do, thin, thick...?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:10 AM  

Jefferson City, Missouri
Pizza Quick in Jefferson City

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads