Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2010, 07:50 PM  

Mobile, al
Concealed carry permit

Do you CC? What are your experience with that in mobile? I get a feel from law enforcement that the actual law is left to large amounts of interpretation.

ie: where do you feel that its appropriate/inappropriate to carry?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:15 PM  

Mobile, AL
I dont personally, (mainly cause I dont turn 21 til november) but my dad CC's a model 1911 .45 since he's on call to Mobile Infirmary 24/7 and he has to drive through Crichton. He has had no problems yet with law enforcement

Old 09-26-2010, 11:36 PM  

Mobile, al
Yea, I work at the medical center and I always carry cause it's IN Crichton. I head gunfire walking out to the parking lot at night sometimes. "DUCK AND COVER!!"
Old 09-27-2010, 02:55 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Its your right as an American Citizen and with the current administration you better use or lose it!!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM  

Mobile, AL
yea he has only had to use it once. He has a car passed down from his mother, an 87 Lincoln Town Car in near perfect condition. You know how the Crichton boys like lincolns, they tried to car jack him at the light at springhill and sage. shot the guy in the leg while he was running away
Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 AM  

Bozeman, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinheep89 View Post
yea he has only had to use it once. He has a car passed down from his mother, an 87 Lincoln Town Car in near perfect condition. You know how the Crichton boys like lincolns, they tried to car jack him at the light at springhill and sage. shot the guy in the leg while he was running away
Shooting someone while their running away is no longer self defense and is a big no no.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:48 PM  

Mobile, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptrash View Post
Shooting someone while their running away is no longer self defense and is a big no no.
he was only about 20 feet from him and he had a gun. In Alabama, its still self defense. We have different laws than most states. If someone is on your property with a weapon you can shoot to kill.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 AM  
mdm

Elkmont, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashepard View Post
Do you CC? What are your experience with that in mobile? I get a feel from law enforcement that the actual law is left to large amounts of interpretation.

ie: where do you feel that its appropriate/inappropriate to carry?
It is largely left up to the county sheriff. Different counties have different requirements to get the license. Some will check with references and others just check the database for problems that would prevent you from getting the license. Some take several days to approve while others will hand you the license within minutes of walking in. The sheriff also determines what restrictions will apply in his county.

Where is it appropriate to carry? Anywhere you go. If you can't legally carry where you go maybe you should consider not going there.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:57 PM  

Mobile, AL
they are legal to carry everywhere unless it is posted that no weapons are allowed, such as government buildings, fairgrounds,and other public places where advertised
Old 10-09-2010, 04:41 PM  

Birmingham, AL
I have a concealed carry permit. All it took was a quick background check and $25. I carry a 9mm most of the time.

My primary rule (other than the given laws) is to never carry it or go anywhere near it if I intend on having any amount of alcohol. ie A drink with dinner at a restaurant. My license says it's not valid if I've had any alcohol.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads