Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 09:25 PM  

Eureka, Montana
We've got about 6" now. It's still snowing but accumulating slowly.

It's going to be mighty cold this weekend, I've heard. We might be having a thread of "who's gone below zero now?"

Old 11-18-2010, 09:36 PM  

Montana
I'm so excited to get more snow. I'm in a valley, and we're insulated a bit, but even rain in the valley means snow in the mountains which means...

SKI SEASON!!! I'm even more excited for this than the Harry Potter release in 2 hours. Yikes.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:16 AM  

Billings, MT
First snow of the year last night!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM  

Dillon, MT
seems everyone has snow now. I hope i can make to Dillon from salt lake tomorrow
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 PM  

Chambersburg, PA
Wow, I'm envious of you folks. I grew up in the western part of Pennsylvania '50's thru the '70's and up until the late '70's it was a pretty snowy area. With drifting and a couple of feet of snow I can remember driving home along a country road while it was blowing at almost a white out condition. The truck stopped so I waited for the wind to stop and I was in a drift over the hood of the truck. I know that you folks are laughing right now but the point is that the weather has changed and we have snow cover over there but we see the grass a couple of times during the winter. Where I am today in the state (2 ours east) we hardly get a covering of snow at all. Snow? None. Glad to have stopped by and offered everone a laugh.

Later,
Chiz
Old 11-24-2010, 11:20 AM  

Eureka, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhat View Post
Wow, I'm envious of you folks. I grew up in the western part of Pennsylvania '50's thru the '70's and up until the late '70's it was a pretty snowy area. With drifting and a couple of feet of snow I can remember driving home along a country road while it was blowing at almost a white out condition. The truck stopped so I waited for the wind to stop and I was in a drift over the hood of the truck. I know that you folks are laughing right now but the point is that the weather has changed and we have snow cover over there but we see the grass a couple of times during the winter. Where I am today in the state (2 ours east) we hardly get a covering of snow at all. Snow? None. Glad to have stopped by and offered everone a laugh.

Later,
Chiz
Well, the weather's been so weird in so many places, you never know. You might get one of those blowing-and-drifting type snowstorms even there!

Nice to hear from you!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:17 PM  

Billings, MT
Those are great pictures! Just gray and snowy today in Billings. Nothing near as great as living in the mountains.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:22 PM  

Eureka, MT
We had great snow, but it has warmed up so much that it's melting away.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:59 PM  
Not a Junior Member

Helena, Montana
The older I get and have to be out in it, and work in it, the better one of those umbrella drinks look sitting on a Jamaican beach where my biggest concern would be getting sand in my shorts!

Well on second though, the snow is fine, just keep the -40 below and 50 MPH winds!

Get ready, looks like were in for a "blast"
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM  

Eureka, MT
It is dumping!!! I'm loving it, well most of it. Shoveling my walk way was not fun. Probably about 6-8 inches since last night, and no end in sight.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.