Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2011, 11:35 AM  

First of all thank you for those beautiful photos Blucher. It is abominable that the oil companies get away with destroying the pristine environs , Alaska , the Gulf which had become a huge dead zone now as a result of the spill. And now this , by Exxon ,yet again! Seems that PROFITS outweigh the responsibilities to natural environments, the oil co.s do not want to spend dollars to maintain their equipments , and they want to DRILL , DRILL , and I want to kill, kill the b......s! (ok this makes ME real angry) I weep for the beauty that is being destroyed and the farmers in that area.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
BP has a worse record than Exxon on not doing maintenance resulting in leaks, fires & explosions. Back East you can't move far without stumbling over pipelines.
Now that I've seen more of the West I think the West Coast North of San Francisco really cares about keeping much of this beauty safe.

Even that is not enough in many areas where pollution was so bad so long rivers will take 100 years or more to reach a healthy state. Wade in the Willamette and you wake up with leg rash.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 PM  

Cut Bank, MT
Nice pictures of the river indeed, but what does the river look like way down stream where the oil spill is?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDgofer View Post
Nice pictures of the river indeed, but what does the river look like way down stream where the oil spill is?
Horrible I'm sure. I simply assumed the river flowed S. from Montana into the park. It's still horrible if it's destroying habitat in Montana but that may be marginally better than it affecting Yellowstone. I just hope the Governor stands by his tough statements.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:47 PM  

It is the same almost everywhere, the Port St Lucie river here to is polluted badly.I took a boat tour and the captain told us that hardly any fish in the water , the Ospreys cannot see the fish( if theres any at all ) from the air due to its pollution , and have moved on from lack of food. So sad , it is a bird sanctuary here.He said the same thing regarding swimming ,you get a rash and you would not want to swallow it accidentally.
I also read that the Columbia river is the same ,also nuclear matter from the plant in Washington state spills in it and the river is used to irrigate farmlands all along its path.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I also read that the Columbia river is the same ,also nuclear matter from the plant in Washington state spills in it and the river is used to irrigate farmlands all along its path.
That's the old Hanford plant but I haven't heard concerns about contamination. It would surprise me though. The Columbia isn't that bad but when the Willamette joins it in Portland it goes downhill. People around Portland love swimming and drowning in the Columbia. They don't anticipate the river being almost 60 degrees cooler than the air on a hot day.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:03 AM  

Cut Bank, MT
The river flows east from the park across Montana to the Missouri River just over the border in North Dakota.

No Oil spill is good. But we tend to let emotion override common senses and some of these events get blown out of proportion. The cavalier attitude of the oil companies doesn't help matters.

We scream bloody murder when these things happen. Then we scream bloody murder when some one suggest we drill the Rocky mountain front. And the we scream bloody when we see how much gas cost at the pump. Which do we want pristine scenery excluded to use by the elite few or or cheap gas at the pumps. Can't have both.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:51 AM  

Cut Bank, MT
Here is a link to the ugly. Montana governor unhappy with ExxonMobil's oil spill assurances | Great Falls Tribune | greatfallstribune.com
Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 AM  

It would be great if the oil companies take responsibility and SPEND MONEY ON BETTER MAINTENANCE OF THE PIPES. but the money god rules! GREED, GREED! Ruin the environment , its the same with the coal fat cats, blow up mountain tops , destroy everything in a way. Why cant they work on alternative energy developements?
Greed .As long as the polititians can line their pockets with Corporate money , they dont give a hoot.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Which do we want pristine scenery excluded to use by the elite few or or cheap gas at the pumps. Can't have both.
The "pristine scenery" is in trust for coming generations. Fossil fuel addiction will be a cancererous blip in our History.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!