Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2011, 10:24 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjack1995 View Post
There's some fun places around Helena. tizer trail in the elkhorns (kind of easy but really pretty!) scratch gravel hills, park lake area, priest pass. all fun stuff

I grew up in Clancy and there were a bunch of local trails around there, but you're right about Tizer. I haven't been there in almost 20 yrs (Active Duty Army and can't seem to make it back!!) but Elkhorn Mt was a pretty cool old ghost town and there was a fun trail from there up to Leslie Lake. You could drive up to within about a mile of the lake and then had to hike in. We used to make the ride up a couple times a year and then camp/fish in the lake. On the far side of the lake is an old mine, The Skyline Mine. Nice little cabin and some cool mining artifacts. (Like I said though, I haven't been there in years)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!