Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2010, 08:20 AM  

Libby, Montana
If you want to get away from the crowds, check out the Cabinet wilderness in Libby, small town in the northwest of the state. Great spot to hike and fish mountain lakes.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicninja View Post
I also recommend Bozeman. Nice size town with lots of hotels and good restaurants, close to Yellowstone, really close to hiking and fishing and a couple of the best ski hills in the country if not the world.
I have to agree. Bozeman rocks. There's also a great dinosaur museum in Bozeman, called The Museum of the Rockies. Down the main drag, they have several restaurants and pubs that are dedicated to sourcing their offerings locally. The Montana Ale Works is one of the best restaurants I've been to for pub style foods--innovative, local, delicious.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:33 PM  

Edmonton, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleechmt View Post
I love Glacier NP. It's a long drive with the camper, but we are going to go again this year in June. The kids love playing in the snow in the "summer".
Glacier is beautiful. Take the to the sun road in July (car or truck, not campers) for a stunnning vista...
Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
A picture is worth a thousand words
Where to visit in Montana?-sun-road.jpg 

Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 AM  

Lubbock, Texas
I spent some time this summer around Twin Bridges. Had a blast in the area. Pretty laid back.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I want to come out there for a vacation this year. When is it safe to drive out in the spring I hear the snow storms can get nasty. I have a jeep but still not to smart to mess with mother nature she has a way of kicking your ass when she can.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 PM  

Eureka, Montana
Depending what you want to do, I'd wait until at least April. Then you'd be past most of the snow. There will still be snow in the higher elevations through May and even into June. Everything unpaved is muddy in late spring during "break up". Mid-May to Mid-June is usually cold and rainy.

For the absolute best vacation to Montana, for most people and most adventures, is July, August, and September.

It's always cold at night, even in July, so plan for it. As soon as the sun gets low in the evening, the temperature drops fast. It can by 95 degrees at 3:00 in the afternoon, and drop below 50 before midnight.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM  

Kalispell, Montana
The North Fork near Glacier National Park has great fishing

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads