Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Moving
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2011, 08:58 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Pickups

I relaize I'm spoiled, in Texas if I want to move, all I have to do is find the family with a pick up and buy them beer.

How does everyone else move? Rent Uhauls?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I'm in the Seattle area, and since I bought my pickup in 2007 I have helped people move at least 5 times. Even when they rent a U-Haul, they always need a few loads in my truck.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

I will never use U-Haul. They are notorious for stealing people's identities. I use a giant dumpster, my trailer and any friend with pick ups that want to help. I try to move as little as possible!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
I use my own truck, and my borrow my Uncles trailer(his is not only bigger than mine, its also enclosed) and do it myself. That way when someone else moves Im not on the hook to help.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
I'm in the Seattle area, and since I bought my pickup in 2007 I have helped people move at least 5 times. Even when they rent a U-Haul, they always need a few loads in my truck.
I see the sticker "Yes this is my truck, no I won't help you move" all over the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
I will never use U-Haul. They are notorious for stealing people's identities. I use a giant dumpster, my trailer and any friend with pick ups that want to help. I try to move as little as possible!
I had to use them last time, I was moving to far way to do multiple trips. I guess I should check my credit now.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:46 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
I'm embarrassed to say that we hired movers last time. I was in grad school and we had a 13 month old, so took the easy way out. We did pack our own stuff though.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:16 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I wouldn't be, if I was moving more than five miles, or had any reason in the world I would have done that, but as it stands I have a month to move in so I have no excuses.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Yeah, it would be hard to justify the expense if I had that long to move too. That's a lot of beer money saved by doing it yourself
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM  

Shuswap, BC
I have a full sized truck, and enclosed 39 foot trailer I pull behind it.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemiker View Post
I'm embarrassed to say that we hired movers last time. I was in grad school and we had a 13 month old, so took the easy way out. We did pack our own stuff though.
I passed a fleet of parked American Van Lines trucks yesterday & wondered how most people can afford them.

Once I had zero moving help (my friend refused but I'd chosen the weekend he intended eloping). I hired two "counselors" from the local Mission. I paid them very well, got them gourmet pizza and kept the beer cold & handy.
We got along so well they told me they liked me too much to rob me (their original intent). I replied that I liked them too much to shoot them had they tried (and showed them my gun). They loved it! <go figger>

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Moving
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads