Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 PM  
Curmedgeon

Max Meadows, VA
Christmas in Myrtle Beach

My wife and I are old and tired...and retired. We live on retiree income which is, in effect, shrinking every day.

We are thinking of getting away for a few days over Christmas. Just the two of us, lovebirds.

We don't care for parties or big tadoos and prefer to stay away from crowds. We enjoy Christmas lights, parades, zoos, country music, scenery, good food (not fancy food), and historic sites (esp Civil War). My wife loves to read and play the slots while I am off hunting.

I am looking into things to do and places to see within a full day's drive of SW Virginia.

Myrtle Beach is within our driving limit. I have surfed the Internet and found motels and some attractions that are advertising for the holidays but I would like to get some suggestions from real people.

Tell us about Christmas in Myrtle Beach.

What will we find to do in on 23, 24, 25, and 26 December?

Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 AM  

Florence, SC, SC
In the area Myrtle Beach, SC, area, Brookgreen Gardens (in Murrell's Inlet south of myrtle beach by a short ride) hosts "Nights of a Thousand Candles" on weekends in December. Musicians and carolers stroll through the magnificent gardens lit by thousands of luminaria at this unique and event. Under Construction or 843.235.6000

Saw the Christmas show at Dixie Stampede a few years ago.
Myrtle Beach, SC : Show information, photos and videos

there is also the Carolina Opry Christmas show
Carolina Opry Theater - Myrtle Beach's Best Shows and Live Entertainment

Crowds won't be bad anywhere in Myrtle and room rates will be low. I'm actually heading there to play some high end golf courses for cheap over new years. Staying at a mom & pop motel "The Viking Motel" nothing fancy bare bones, a bit out dated, but clean for under $30 per night.

Both Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach shopping areas will be fully decorated.

hope this helps

Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM  

Hartsville, South Carolina
Good recommendations there, Broadway at the Beach and Opry. Shame the old pavilion is no longer, good memories there.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 PM  
Curmedgeon

Max Meadows, VA
All that sounds very promising. And Dixie Stampede?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:08 PM  

Mebane, NC
a must is to eat lunch at Harrelsons Seafood in Murrells Inlet. Literally the best seafood in the world
Old 12-16-2010, 05:35 AM  

Conway, Sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
a must is to eat lunch at Harrelsons Seafood in Murrells Inlet. Literally the best seafood in the world
very true.

In general, If your in the mood for seafood while in Myrtle its well worth the 20 min drive to Murrells Inlet. Myrtle and N.Myrtle mostly import seafood from NC. Your more likely to get fresher, local seafood from MI...just my
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM  

Camden
Any of the shows are fun.

I especially like the Grand ole Opry show at Christmas. It is a long show and non stop fun
Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM  

Camden
I have a house in Ocean Lakes

I have a house in Ocean Lakes and I like that so much better than a condo or motel. You can park at your front door and not a half a mile away like the others I just mentioned. It is gated and very secure. You can get in without a pass.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Bookmark this Page!