Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 PM  
Just an earthbound misfit

pa
Throughout history, the news media has been slanted and biased. An example is the Spanish-American War being incited by William Randolph Hurst.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:14 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc.. are all propogandist for their chosen or paid for agenda. What ever happened to the good old fashion dry, boreing, just the facts with no spin news of the 60's and 70's? As far as I'm concerned no news caster should ever be allowed to share his or her opinion directly or indirectly on any issue ever that he or she reports on.

Really these news networks like these nowdays are only entertainment, "get that rating" outfits and should never be taken seriously or better yet never watched or listined to.

I can say that I hate Fox just as much as MSNBC. CNN is somewhere in the middle but I don't like them either.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
When 24/7 Cable News began they didn't have enough real news so they began manufacturing it.

News was about the country, it's government and the world. It was not about puppies, chimps picking Super Bowl winners or the 4th STORM OF THE CENTURY that Winter.

Fox has no challengers on hype. At Fox you get whatever you see on the cover of supermarket tabloids. CNN tries to emulate Fox but can't quite manage the lies.

News still exists but you need the BBC, NGK or PBS to see it.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
When 24/7 Cable News began they didn't have enough real news so they began manufacturing it.

News was about the country, it's government and the world. It was not about puppies, chimps picking Super Bowl winners or the 4th STORM OF THE CENTURY that Winter.

Fox has no challengers on hype. At Fox you get whatever you see on the cover of supermarket tabloids. CNN tries to emulate Fox but can't quite manage the lies.

News still exists but you need the BBC, NGK or PBS to see it.
I miss the days of Chonkite and Jennings. These guys were the originals in my opinion!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.