Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Interesting to note that of those polled, 73% of polled Americans identifying themselves as Christian in 2012, and that's down from 86% in 1990. That 73% makes Christianity the highest percentage of religions but does not make this a Christian nation unless you expect to forget about more than 1/4 of Americans.

I just came from a local shopping center where 3 young 20-somethings had a big sign and petitions to impeach Obama. Didn't stop to see what that was about.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:12 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Leadarrows, nobody is asking **you** to give up your god, or kill a "baby" or **** * ****. Why the hell do you think you have the right to compel people to follow your beliefs?

Old 11-12-2012, 04:58 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Too bad that you continue to generalize churches as I have observed you to do. Not sure what christians you have been associating with but mine is not at all as you have described. I don't doubt that they are out there, however. I just do not think it is a fair evaluation as a whole.
I can see your point, and I am not telling you that you are 'wrong' in your beliefs. What is right for me isnt right for everyone else and I can accept that. (But I digress)

I know, I got sucked into the religious discussion part of this too (*hand slap*)
But lets not become (too) derailed and keep this post/thread on topic.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
As long as the poor are hungry and doing without medical care and "Christian" churches are building multimillion dollar buildings and buying $100,000 cars for their preachers, they are just hypocrites. And this is a common occurence.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I think we're close to the end of the GOP's extremist rightward-shift. Secession is the final option when you can't get your way through any other method, and I don't see any of the states preferring secession to continued participation in the union.

The GOP is going to have to come back to the center on social issues (gay rights, abortion, separation of church and state, etc.) if they want to remain relevant. I think cooler heads will prevail. The right is going to slide toward the center, at least on social issues, to remain relevant.

And they'd better do it fast. The left has been grooming Hillary for 12 years now. She will be a formidable opponent in 2016.
Cooler heads? I think some more intelligence is in order too. Totally agree about the sore loser status. Can't get your way.... Quit and attempt to take your football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
Interesting to note that of those polled, 73% of polled Americans identifying themselves as Christian in 2012, and that's down from 86% in 1990. That 73% makes Christianity the highest percentage of religions but does not make this a Christian nation unless you expect to forget about more than 1/4 of Americans.

I just came from a local shopping center where 3 young 20-somethings had a big sign and petitions to impeach Obama. Didn't stop to see what that was about.
They call themselves christians, all the while using Jesus as a shield to screw people. I give it about 10 percent that are ACTUALLY real christians. The three 20 somethings are yet more sore losers. Obamas here to stay, so they better go out and get a job and stop whining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Leadarrows, nobody is asking **you** to give up your god, or kill a "baby" or **** * ****. Why the hell do you think you have the right to compel people to follow your beliefs?
Amen Brother! You don't want to have an abortion or don't want to marry someone of your own sex..... DON'T! but don't try to force everyone else to believe what you believe. Crank your Jesus freak music, but close your windows! Pass me the pipe so I can smoke a bowl just for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
So we have no chance unless we condone the murder of children, allow those with a sexual metal illness to destroy traditional marriage and allow the removal of God from our Christian nation?
Remain relevant to what? Not what America was founded for that is for sure.

We are not about to abandon our principles because we lost an election. We will just work harder. Count on it.
Blame the woman, not the government. The government didn't force her to get pregnant. Good grief! Holster the religious BS. Most folks don't respect marriage anyways. I'm gay and have been with the same person for 21 years. Do we deserve to get married? You bet we do! As soon as the christian right gives us permission. Me and my partner are about to move to Washington, for the long awaited RIGHT to get married, thank you to the people of Washington state!

Quote:
Already signed it.
Won't do no good. Texas will be sticking with the rest of the country and will eventually become liberal as the younger generation comes about. It's a matter of time.

Quote:
Think what you want...this is a Christian Nation but no one is saying "you will be a Christian or we will kill you" that is rubbish. We are saying ...try and take our country from us and we will kill you...and we will.

Words spoken right from Jesus Christ himself. Gotta tell you, and I don't mean to insult or offend, but this isn't the Jesus I know. You need to better understand the bibles message. It's a bit deeper than you think. I hope the Muslims overrun this delusional holy nation of yours! At least they are Pius.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Words spoken right from Jesus Christ himself. Gotta tell you, and I don't mean to insult or offend, but this isn't the Jesus I know. You need to better understand the bibles message. It's a bit deeper than you think. I hope the Muslims overrun this delusional holy nation of yours! At least they are Pius.
I remember when I thought that escalating things to life or death was grown up. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. Not understanding the concept of death, I'd threaten to kill my friends over childish disputes. But when I became a man, I put away childish things.

leadarrows: Son, when you come talk with adults, please leave your propensity for idle threats on the playground. While your audacity might impress your playmates, the only things you can get from threatening an adult are ridicule (for making threats that can't be carried out; an "internet tough guy") or a criminal record (for making threats that can be carried out.) Either way, you cost yourself any credibility you might have had when you threaten the death of your political enemies over something as trivial as religious ideology.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

I gave it some thought and I gotta tell you, that for a guy who was removed from one forum for hatemongering on the basis of claims that Muslims were the most violent people, your statement flies in the face of the Christ I know. Sometimes, actually most of the time, I believe that this Taliban Right wing christian fundamentalist fray, really IS the antichrist. Shame on you for giving the real honest christians a bad name. I've come to love the Jimmy Carters and the Fred Rogers of this world.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
I agree. It always amazes me, how little some of those who spout off about the Bible actually know what's in it. I have studied Christianity, Judaism, and Bahi extensively. And have read books on several other religions. And Christians tend to be the least informed about their own religion.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I agree. It always amazes me, how little some of those who spout off about the Bible actually know what's in it. I have studied Christianity, Judaism, and Bahi extensively. And have read books on several other religions. And Christians tend to be the least informed about their own religion.
I so hear you! They blast their christian rock while burning a rock (seen it) then put on a smiley christian face while the go to church on Sunday, then stick it to their fellow man as soon as they exit the building and are out of sight of their buddies and continually praise Jesus out loud all the while. It amazes me too.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Many, even some preachers, are just ignorant about what is in the Bible and about it's history.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads