Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2010, 04:37 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
2011 Tax Hikes

120 Days to Go Until the<br> Largest Tax Hikes in History

What are your thoughts on all the new and increases in taxes?

Maybe someone with more economical knowledge can explain how this is going to help the private sector.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:52 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
This may be the straw that breaks the camels back!

We have two incomes from jobs, plus income from rentals, yet we are going backwards all the time(financially)

I don't know how we'll withstand more taxes, every year the school taxes go up, utilities go up, etc. Wages are stagnate, nobody has much disposable income, and people are getting fed up.

I guess what I'm saying is, the outlook for the future is rather bleak right now..raising taxes is not the way to change this!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:54 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
While the whole article gets me a little angry, the tax that gets me madder that the rest is death tax.

You've paid your taxes your whole life, earned quite a bit for yourself intending to pass it to your children. Then you die. Now the .gov has to stick their hand in your pockets and take everything they can one last time... Sickens me.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
I suppose we have no one to blame but ourselves, our parents, and our grandparents for allowing it to come to this. You can blame the government all you want, but ultimately, we were the ones who empowered the government to do this sort of underhanded thievery.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 PM  

Austin
More taxes? The sum of nothing is still nothing. I wish you luck Uncle Sam.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 PM  

Franklin, TN
I can see it now...black market tanning. "hey man, I wanna get baked..." "Common man, keep your voice down, want the feds all over this joint?" "Sorry, sorry. chill. How much dough?" "Cali golden's for $50, or some sunstar for $69, look at the hue's man, high quality stuff..."

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

« - | The Cove (Film) »