Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
99%

We Are the 99 Percent

We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting everything. We are the 99 percent.

Brought to you by the people who occupy wall street.
99%-clip1.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsm5pcimmg1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

99%-clip2.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsm6j2rqol1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

99%-clip3.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsm8udzskl1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsm9umh1ez1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsmaf6qr2r1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsmah4tarf1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

99%-tumblr_lsmb9u1veh1r25y9yo1_500.jpg 

Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 PM  

Nashville, TN
Reading those signs makes me realize that a lot of people made bad decisions and want to have someone else pay for their mistakes. Obviously they we not taught personal responsibility at home or in school.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Reading those signs makes me realize that a lot of people made bad decisions and want to have someone else pay for their mistakes. Obviously they we not taught personal responsibility at home or in school.

These are also my feelings. There is a saying "buyer beware" and we should all realize never purchase something on a whim or speculation. My son did the same and lost his home in foreclosure, so it hits close to home for me. He knew he couldn't afford the payments but had hoped the banks would eventually lower their interest rate. Wrongo dongo!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Yeah. How dare some of those people suffer debilitating illnesses that render them temporarily or permanently unable to work? How dare some of them go to school, expecting to be able to put their degree to good use?

The nerve of these jerks!

I am the 99%. So are you.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Yeah. How dare some of those people suffer debilitating illnesses that render them temporarily or permanently unable to work? How dare some of them go to school, expecting to be able to put their degree to good use?

The nerve of these jerks!

Well, then get out that check book and send them some cash.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Well, then get out that check book and send them some cash.
That's the problem. You think they are asking for a handout. You think I'm not one of them. You think YOU aren't one of them.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:46 PM  

Nashville, TN
But I'm not complaining about it. I work everyday, pay my bills, don't own a credit card, help others, both physically and financially and try not make the same stupid mistake over and over. I don't expect anyone to give me anything I don't deserve and don't ask for things I haven't worked for. I don't care what % I'm in, I don't want the 1% to take care of me, I'll do it myself, thank-you.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
completely unlike the rich who wanted the average american to pay to bail out their banks. what would have happened if we allowed them to fail, who would have then been hurt worse as our currency devalued? not the people with big loans and such as the money would be worthless but the rich !!!! we paid to save them,we can ask for a few more percent in taxes....
Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
completely unlike the rich who wanted the average american to pay to bail out their banks. what would have happened if we allowed them to fail, who would have then been hurt worse as our currency devalued? not the people with big loans and such as the money would be worthless but the rich !!!! we paid to save them,we can ask for a few more percent in taxes....
If you can't run a profitable business you shouldn't be in business no matter how big you are. The purpose of govt is not to provide life support for failing businesses. If GM failed, someone else would fill the vacum...and what happened to the shareholders of old GM stock? Oh yeah, it was to bad to sad. The only ones bailed out was the auto unions.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
But I'm not complaining about it. I work everyday, pay my bills, don't own a credit card, help others, both physically and financially and try not make the same stupid mistake over and over. I don't expect anyone to give me anything I don't deserve and don't ask for things I haven't worked for. I don't care what % I'm in, I don't want the 1% to take care of me, I'll do it myself, thank-you.
That's another part of the problem - you think they're complaining about their situation. They're not. Have you actually read the statements their posting? How many of them have explained how lucky they are? I'll give you a hint: It's more than one. A LOT more.

They're NOT asking the 1% to take care of them. They're demanding that the 1% pay their own way too, instead of continuing to build their wealth through the exploitation of the 99%.

And so am I. And from what you've just said, SO ARE YOU. You've told us repeatedly that you'd hold people to the same standard you just set. So do it. Hold those people who break that standard accountable. You would probably be upset about someone on welfare buying fancy phones or cars with taxpayer dollars; do you look the other way when they do it with a government contract instead? Would you tolerate a welfare recipient writing the laws on welfare? Do you tolerate people buying legislation designed to pad their own pockets?

There is a difference between asking someone for a handout and telling them to stop stepping on your neck.

I am the 99%. And so are you.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!